Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

How to setup Facebook live with Hero 7 - Tutorial

1. Connect your camera to the GoPro app

2. Tap "Live" and then "Setup Live"

3. App starts to search Wifi connections. When it finishes the search, don't select any. Turn on your WiFi HotSpot

4. Camera reconnects to your phone using Bluetooth

5. App starts to search connections again. Choose your own Hotspot

6. Now choose your streaming settings and you're ready to go

Here's a little video how to do it:

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to setup Facebook live with Hero 7 - Tutorial

Hi @stoutpike35111

Try unpairing the camera from the app then pair it again.

Verify the settings of your personal hotspot and make sure that the app is up to date.

For reference: Getting Started With Live Streaming

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

My app shows nothing. Cause when logged onto the camera, its like the app wont use the cellular connection. Do we change to the hotspot while the "circle" is rotating?

GoPro

Hi @jeppay,

I have the same issue but I find that turning on wifi, bluetooth and cellular data resolved the issue.

Let me know if it works for you as well.

V.
Hiker

I have all those settings on. Tapping "Set Up Live" first worked when i told the camera to use 2.4Ghz.

But the RTMP solution doesnt work with YouTube cause i cant put in my stream key :) so that needs to be implimented into the app.

Hiker

Plus being a public figure i need to be able to choose my Facebook Page, not my private profile. So that ALSO needs adding in the app :)

GoPro

Very good observations you got there, @jeppay. Thank you for the feedback. I will get this reported to the team. Will you be able to send or attach a screenshot of what you get when you try the RTMP for YouTube? Many thanks!

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@jeppay wrote:

My app shows nothing. Cause when logged onto the camera, its like the app wont use the cellular connection. Do we change to the hotspot while the "circle" is rotating?

@jeppayYou turn your hotspot on after app has done the 1st network scan. Then the app reconnects and scans networks again. Then you can choose your own hotspot.

Hiker

I am trying to setup my samsung s8. I dont get to that first menu after hitting "live" as

showed in the video.

It just stays there and search. I am not sure however if i have setup the hotspot
correct on my phone.