09-30-2018 05:45 AM
1. Connect your camera to the GoPro app
2. Tap "Live" and then "Setup Live"
3. App starts to search Wifi connections. When it finishes the search, don't select any. Turn on your WiFi HotSpot
4. Camera reconnects to your phone using Bluetooth
5. App starts to search connections again. Choose your own Hotspot
6. Now choose your streaming settings and you're ready to go
Here's a little video how to do it:
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-03-2018 11:04 AM
09-30-2018 07:01 AM
I have all those settings on. Tapping "Set Up Live" first worked when i told the camera to use 2.4Ghz.
But the RTMP solution doesnt work with YouTube cause i cant put in my stream key :) so that needs to be implimented into the app.
09-30-2018 08:10 AM
Very good observations you got there, @jeppay. Thank you for the feedback. I will get this reported to the team. Will you be able to send or attach a screenshot of what you get when you try the RTMP for YouTube? Many thanks!
09-30-2018 08:17 AM - edited 09-30-2018 08:19 AM
My app shows nothing. Cause when logged onto the camera, its like the app wont use the cellular connection. Do we change to the hotspot while the "circle" is rotating?
@jeppayYou turn your hotspot on after app has done the 1st network scan. Then the app reconnects and scans networks again. Then you can choose your own hotspot.
10-01-2018 10:11 PM
I am trying to setup my samsung s8. I dont get to that first menu after hitting "live" as
showed in the video.
It just stays there and search. I am not sure however if i have setup the hotspot
correct on my phone.