Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: How to setup Facebook live with Hero 7 - Tutorial

I have tried these suggestions with no luck!
GoPro

Hi @rossc116

We'll be happy to assist you in setting live stream.

Please reach out to our Support Team via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

I get same thing at the. End of the video. It says preview is not available and when click on view on Facebook it says signal not strong enough.
The. Can not find it on Facebook. I hope this works for Facebook live because of not i just wasted $500 on this camera. Please help
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jerryclaynalley

Make sure that you are getting strong signal or connection when doing a live stream. You can opt between a Wi-Fi network and a personal hotspot through a cellular plan that allows you to do so. You an refer this article for more information. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

is the option to live on facebook page rolled out?

Tourist

I have been trying to do this through my phone hotspot (iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1) but still not working. I can do Live Stream on YouTube but NOT on Facebook. I'm always getting the error on the app,

"Can't Start Your Stream. Turn your camera off and on, and then try streaming again.".

I have done everything such as resetting the camera, forget all th WIFI, forget all the BT connections, reset my phones network settings, change WIFI name and change password on the hotspot, yet NOTHING is working.

Can GoPro fix this? I also contacted support and they suggested to contact Facebook which DOESN'T HELP at all.
Explorer

When you do the camera reset, are you doing a factory reset? If not, try that. You'll also want to forget your BlueTooth and Wi-Fi connections on the phone prior to creating a new connection to the camera.
Tourist

[ Edited ]

As we speak I have done all kinds of reset. Reset the camera, reset the network settings on the GoPro, reset network settings on my iPhone. Forget everything from WIFI to Bluetooth. 

I even switch from using 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and still NOT working. Take note that the issue is only with FACEBOOK LIVE, YouTube live is working. 

So since YouTube is working, I don't think this has something to do with the camera settings and etc., it has something to do with the API used for communicating between Facebook and the GoPro app.