Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

How to setup Facebook live with Hero 7 - Tutorial

[ New ]

1. Connect your camera to the GoPro app

2. Tap "Live" and then "Setup Live"

3. App starts to search Wifi connections. When it finishes the search, don't select any. Turn on your WiFi HotSpot

4. Camera reconnects to your phone using Bluetooth

5. App starts to search connections again. Choose your own Hotspot

6. Now choose your streaming settings and you're ready to go

Here's a little video how to do it:

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How to setup Facebook live with Hero 7 - Tutorial

[ New ]

Hi @stoutpike35111

Try unpairing the camera from the app then pair it again.

Verify the settings of your personal hotspot and make sure that the app is up to date.

For reference: Getting Started With Live Streaming

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

My app shows nothing. Cause when logged onto the camera, its like the app wont use the cellular connection. Do we change to the hotspot while the "circle" is rotating?

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @jeppay,

I have the same issue but I find that turning on wifi, bluetooth and cellular data resolved the issue.

Let me know if it works for you as well.

V.
Hiker

[ New ]

I have all those settings on. Tapping "Set Up Live" first worked when i told the camera to use 2.4Ghz.

But the RTMP solution doesnt work with YouTube cause i cant put in my stream key :) so that needs to be implimented into the app.

Hiker

[ New ]

Plus being a public figure i need to be able to choose my Facebook Page, not my private profile. So that ALSO needs adding in the app :)

GoPro

[ New ]

Very good observations you got there, @jeppay. Thank you for the feedback. I will get this reported to the team. Will you be able to send or attach a screenshot of what you get when you try the RTMP for YouTube? Many thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

@jeppay wrote:

My app shows nothing. Cause when logged onto the camera, its like the app wont use the cellular connection. Do we change to the hotspot while the "circle" is rotating?

@jeppayYou turn your hotspot on after app has done the 1st network scan. Then the app reconnects and scans networks again. Then you can choose your own hotspot.

Hiker

[ New ]

I am trying to setup my samsung s8. I dont get to that first menu after hitting "live" as

showed in the video.

It just stays there and search. I am not sure however if i have setup the hotspot
correct on my phone.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stoutpike35111

Try unpairing the camera from the app then pair it again.

Verify the settings of your personal hotspot and make sure that the app is up to date.

For reference: Getting Started With Live Streaming

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
YES the camera is basically useless for streaming without these options. How was this overlooked? I cant stream anywhere without being able to input a stream key and no facebook page option? C’mon GoPro
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bryancircus

With the current settings you will need to get an RTMP  URL for the preferred Facebook profile.

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

For reference, please check this article: Getting Started With Live Streaming

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

After successfully connecting to the camera, clicking "Set Up Live" I see the spinning circles for about 15 secs, then I consistently get "Connection Error - We lost connection to the camera". I then get kicked back to the camera selection screen which shows the wifi connection active. Selecting the camera get be successfully back to preview mode. All other connectivity (i.e., preview, changing settings, camera control, etc.) is working properly.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @swiftstorm85750,

Please try this. 

Unpair or delete the camera on the paired camera list. 

Reset connection on your camera. 

Uninstall the app and then install it again. 

Try to set up live and make sure you have a back up connection wherein your camera will connect to that network. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Please add the facebook pages streaming as soon as possible! We need to stream from page, not personale profile!!! Thankssss

Hiker

[ New ]

I have a Pixel XL phone running Android 9 Pie.

The Hero 7 Black.

I have reinstalled the Gopro App, and connected to Hero 7 via Wifi, I try to start FB live but when I turn my phones hotspot on, it turns the Wifi Off which drops the gopro connection. 

any suggestions would be helpful.

Do I need a third device as the hot spot?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @blkhwk8,

Please make sure you have a bluetooth connection turned on. 

You don't need a third device. 

You camera will connect to your phone's hotspot and that will enable the app and camera to broadcast live. 

If that won't work try to reset the camera and reset the connection of your camera. 

Delete the paired camera on the App. 

and follow manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Please let us know if that will work. 

Thanks

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have tried these suggestions with no luck!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rossc116

We'll be happy to assist you in setting live stream.

Please reach out to our Support Team via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I get same thing at the. End of the video. It says preview is not available and when click on view on Facebook it says signal not strong enough.
The. Can not find it on Facebook. I hope this works for Facebook live because of not i just wasted $500 on this camera. Please help
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @jerryclaynalley

Make sure that you are getting strong signal or connection when doing a live stream. You can opt between a Wi-Fi network and a personal hotspot through a cellular plan that allows you to do so. You an refer this article for more information. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

is the option to live on facebook page rolled out?

Tourist

[ New ]
I have been trying to do this through my phone hotspot (iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1) but still not working. I can do Live Stream on YouTube but NOT on Facebook. I'm always getting the error on the app,

"Can't Start Your Stream. Turn your camera off and on, and then try streaming again.".

I have done everything such as resetting the camera, forget all th WIFI, forget all the BT connections, reset my phones network settings, change WIFI name and change password on the hotspot, yet NOTHING is working.

Can GoPro fix this? I also contacted support and they suggested to contact Facebook which DOESN'T HELP at all.
Explorer

[ New ]
When you do the camera reset, are you doing a factory reset? If not, try that. You'll also want to forget your BlueTooth and Wi-Fi connections on the phone prior to creating a new connection to the camera.
Tourist

[ New ]

As we speak I have done all kinds of reset. Reset the camera, reset the network settings on the GoPro, reset network settings on my iPhone. Forget everything from WIFI to Bluetooth. 

I even switch from using 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and still NOT working. Take note that the issue is only with FACEBOOK LIVE, YouTube live is working. 

So since YouTube is working, I don't think this has something to do with the camera settings and etc., it has something to do with the API used for communicating between Facebook and the GoPro app. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnybluff102

Please uninstall the Facebook app then install it again.

This has worked for  me.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Already tried this but still no luck. It give me this error: 

IMG_0425.PNG

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnybluff102,

I used to have that problem and here's what I did.

Repeat the process of pairing the camera.

First Reset your camera.

Delete Bluetooth Device ID of your camera on your phone settings. 

Uninstall App. 

Reinstall App. 

Pair the camera. 

Setup Facebook Live on GoPro App. 

Check if that will work. 

Another step I did is I manually update the camera and repeat the process above. 

Regards,

-Jay