Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

How to remove water inside my hero5 black?

I got my hero5 black last nov 9, 2016 and i just used it twice. 1st in a pool and yesterday(nov 17,2016) in a beach. I'm cofident that its water proof so i did some snorkeling. I submerge the hero5 black about 1foot to 2 feet only to my suprise after 20 minutes i found that there is some water inside my hero 5 black. It's still working but im worried that it might die soon because of the moisture inside. Please help me.

Note: the water is inside the front display for function. (I don't know how it got there)
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: How to remove water inside my hero5 black?

@Anonymous - The HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m, so you shouldn't have any issues at 1 to 2 feet. Can you be more specific about where the water was getting into the camera? Also, can you confirm if the seals on the inside of both doors are intact?

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft the water is inside the front LCD. Just this yesterday and just this morning I can still view the back LCD. But now it went black then all white screen. All the seals are intact. And there's no water inside the battery. I also have another concern. The said hero5 black is a gift to me and was bought in Guam USA. And I'm residing in the Philippines. Is there a way i could replace it here in the Philippines?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - If you are seeing water in the front LCD then you'll definitely want to contact our Customer Support team directly. They should be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft hi. They said its not part of the warranty if it is damage by water. The water inside is just a tiny droplets which is almost invisible(front LCD). My concern is the LCD at the back which went white screen. I can do also everything with my hero5 black such as take video, photo, burst and time lapse. The voice command is still working. I can view my photo or video thru the capture application because the said LCD at the back doesn't work.please help..
Highlighted
Anonymous

Jeff just told you. You have to contact support. This is not something they can help you with firmware update. It's a serious problem and can render your camera completely useless. There is a thread already with photos from other unlucky users:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-hero-5-black-leaking/td-p/18167

You will have to either return the camera to where you purchase it, or send it back to GoPro for replacement. There is just too many problems with Hero 5 line, I'm afraid your replacement unit won't be any better. I'm losing my faith in GoPro slowly.

Hope you solve your problem soon.

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft hi. I got an email from customer support that they will replace my go pro hero5 but they needed the purchase receipt. The go pro hero5 was a gift to me and when i asked the one who bought the item she lost the purchase receipt. If the purpose of purchase receipt is to know weather it is under warranty it's a coomon sense that at this moment it's still under warranty because go pro hero5 was released last September 2016. So it's safe to say that with or without the receipt my go pro hero5 is under warranty, am i right? But why is it that the customer support don't know that? I hope you can help me..
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - The Customer Support rep is just trying to get some information to complete the profile on the camera. Among other things, this information helps us identify any trends among the issues our customers are having.

If you don't have the receipt, just let the rep know that and they'll work with you on getting the issues corrected.

Thanks,

Jeff