Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

How to remove condensation from hero 7 silver lens?

i got my gopro hero 7 silver as a gift.  for the first time use in maldives snorkeling, water/condensation is found in the lens.  half of my video footage was clouded with the spots of water!  now after 3 weeks, there are still 2 water droplets on the lens.  please advise who can help to clean it as it seems the lens cannot be opened!  HELP!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: How to remove condensation from hero 7 silver lens?

Sorry to hear this.   You will need the Bill of sale or gift reciept,a photo  of the issue, your email address. and contact a Customer service rep.  If you do not know where to find this info how to contact us, do explain how you are find this place and how, on a desktop, mobile etc.

Lets try to help you on the    issue at hand. camera is waterproof no way water is to enter, only way it can enter is the seal is  not properly closed.  Or a Defect  in the product.

You can open any door that is on teh Hero 7 Silver,  the port door only I guess, I do not own one, and know the lens  does not screw or come off.  Nor the battery opens.

PLace on a towel in a dehumidefied room allow to dry?  heat adds moisture, a cool room does not, towel basically acts as a   insulation to keep  moisture away.

Youmay contact and talk to a rep chat to a rep, but you want to make sure you get to a rep and explain the issue?   need help report back we're here to  help.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the advice, fishcomics!  But I tend to see the condensation was caused by a manufacturing defect.  The port door must be properly closed as the camera was fit into a casing whenever i used it, for only 2 times in Maldives, kayaking and snorkeling.  if the port door was not properly closed, there was no way to fit in to the casing.  if problem is the seal, it is manufacturing defect!  Plese don't tell me this is my mistake when I closed the port door and fit the camero into a casing, but the seal is not sealing off the water.

Besides, I saw many posts from other Hero 7 Silver owners voiced the same problem.  Some were not even using it underwater.  

I don't see why I want to go through all these hassle, as you suggested, to "remove" the condensation.  It is very likely next time i use it, i will have 1/2 of my video or more stained by some water droplets!  it is unforgivable as I, like everyone using a GoPRO, value memory captured in the video more than the monetary value of an action camera.

What is more frustrating... since this is the GoPro official forum, I expect to hear some better advice from not GoPro rep, not your very prompt but not sincere response, which is not helping at all!  i strongly suggest GoPro to recall this Hero 7 Silver model!

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Problem is you are on a Forum, and you are dealing with others, my suggestion was to call or chat to a gopro rep,  let the site know, but in the mean time wait to be directed by a gopro rep that will say:

Sorry we do not you to expeirence isues like this, it is best to get with a Rep of gopro support and they'll look into Options for you.

on that note  if you need help like many others to find the info   here it is  

•