Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

How to open .360 files without gopro player

Hello,

I have the GoPro Max and I would love to see and edit the .360 files without the GoPro Player, since my Mac computer is running on Mac OS High Sierra (not Mojave). 

Which would be my options? Aparently, my Final Cut Pro does not recognize them either.

Thank you

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: How to open .360 files without gopro player

[ Edited ]

You cannot...the .360 format is a GoPro proprietry format and no other software will recognise it...Use the GoPro player app to reformat them to standard 360 mp3 equirectangular videos ie ProRes  @5.6k (don't do anything just export....do not reframe in GoPro player because then you are limited to 1080p exports), then import into FCP, you should be able to reframe them there with built in FCP effects....haven't worked with FCP for a while but I believe you need the lastest version to reframe 360 videos...not sure...check it out.

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks! yes, I kind of figured that, so I updated to Mojave and I am now trying all this. Smiley Wink

I am just pissed that apparently we can't have the ambisonic audio of the camera in any export format... is that right?

Highlighted
Nomad

Yip, I believe so, I've seen other reports and tried it...nope, nada...yet...?