Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

How to make time lapse video from photos?

I have a hero 5, and have quik mobile app (unable to download the desktop version as I don't have windows 10).

I would like to make a simple time lapse video from the time lapse photos I took (about 78 individual photos).  Can I use software from GoPro?  If not, what software would I use?  

The quik mobile app gives me various options to make a movie, but non of options are not a simple time lapse video (rather silly movie ideas).  Also, I'm told I can no longer download the GoPro Studio.

I appreciate the help. 

Best, William

Explorer

Re: How to make time lapse video from photos?

I think you're going to need to search your mobile OS app store to try and find an app that will turn your photos into a time lapse movie. You should also check for programs for your computer. In the future, utilizing the time lapse video function on the camera will automatically make the video of your time lapse photos.
Tourist

I have a similar problem. I want to make a time lapse video of an hour long bike ride. Quik only lets me create a 30 or 60 second video which I have to select clips for, so the video jumps to different sections of the bike ride.

What I would like to create is a 5 minute video that shows every still taken by my Hero Session 4. Is this possible with Quik, or if not what would be a good tool to use?

Explorer

For desktop editing, DaVinci Resolve is the best free editor.

If you've never used a professional editor it can be a little difficult to understand at first, but with a little time you'll be able to make amazing videos.

For a time laps, you just need to select the first picture in your collection and the editor with pull them all into one video clip.

This guy kinda runs through it quick, but the steps are there
https://youtu.be/HtVFYfJCyf8
Tourist

Thanks Daniel will give that a go. A shame GoPro's own software does not provide this functionality though. :-/