Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

How to make a long 360 file out of the cut file so I can use world lock?

[ New ]

After I shot a 20 minutes movie clip I want to stitch the raw files together again so I can use the gopro player world lock feature for the complete length of time before I export that movie into final cut pro. Any tips please how I can join my seperate files to 1 complete 20 minute 360 movie? now I only know the option to edit the 4gb files but it is impossible to use the exacte same 360 edit for all files before exporting them.

cheers!

JP

Sightseer

Re: How to make a long 360 file out of the cut file so I can use world lock?

[ New ]

Step 1. Download Windows Movie Maker and then install it.

As of 2018, the best free video editing software is no longer available for download from the Microsoft website. Here, fortunately, MiniTool team has saved the links to the archived files for you. Click the following button to download it.

Step 2. Add your video files.

Click the Add Videos and Photos button under the Home tab and then select the video clips you want to add. Next, click on the Open button to continue. Or, you can also directly drag videos and photos from Windows Explorer to Windows Movie Maker's Storyboard Pane.

Step 3. Arrange the video clips.

You will see all imported video files in Movie Makers timeline. You can choose then and drag them into to proper position within the timeline.

Step 4. Add video transitions.

You can add transition video in Movie Maker to make your slideshow or movie look good and impressive.

Step 5. Save video files.

Now, you get a combined video. You can preview them as this stage Finally, click the Save movie button found in the Share section on the Home tab to store the combined video. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the reply, I will try it later today since I use Mac only and use final cut 10 pro in general. I will keep you posted.

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro Player will export the files as they are rendered, so if you have 5 x 4GB 360 files, it will export 5 x 360 files rendered in the format of your choice.  You would join them together in Final Cut Pro.  You would then have to use the GoPro FX reframe pluggin (or any other reframe pluggin that supports 360 footage) to adjust the angles and match them up between clips:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-FX-Reframe/ta-p/412890

Here's a tutorial for final cut pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1X8OqMpWSg

Please do not try to download Windows Movie Maker.  This is old, outdated, terrible software that's for "Drag and drop" users who don't know anything about video editing.  It only outputs in low quality WMV (which is terrible compression) and does not support 360 degree media.  

Edit 360 Video in Final Cut ProYou can import and edit your 360 videos directly in Final Cut Pro. If you have a 360 camera, such as the GoPro Fusion, Insta O...
Tourist

[ New ]

you are a hero! just now i see that i first have to convert it to mp4 because FCP wont accept .360 files. many thanks for this option!!