Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

How to live stream to YouTube BRAND account

[ New ]

I am trying to setup a live stream using my Hero 9 to my YouTube BRAND account +1,000 sub channel, but the only YouTube account option is my main private Google account.  What is the trick to be able to select my BRAND account?  

If the answer is YOU CAN'T, then where do I get the RTMP URL and stream key needed for YouTube from my Android (in other words, no access to a PC where I know how to get it from YouTube Studio.)

How about other options to stream to my YouTube BRAND account?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to live stream to YouTube BRAND account

[ New ]

Hi @brewcityrider

Our App team is looking into this. We will post back once new information is available.

For RTMP, you may try setting up the Youtube live stream on a browser on your phone.

Switch the browser option to desktop view.

You should be able to get the RTMP URL and stream key.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @brewcityrider

Our App team is looking into this. We will post back once new information is available.

For RTMP, you may try setting up the Youtube live stream on a browser on your phone.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

That would be great if this can be addressed as its kind of a big deal for me and others I'm assuming.  I have researched this for hours and there doesn't seem to be a way around this roadblock.  The live stream to youtube option should display all channels associated with our Google login credentials for us to pick from.  I only have the one brand account, but some people run several different brand channels all based on their Google account.  Thanks, and please let me know.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

(cut)

Thanks!

Ej

I was able to get the RTMP & Stream key on my Android using the flow you recommended.  Plugged that info in my GoPro and it went Live for about a second before telling me to check my URL.  Then I found out that GoPro says you can't use RTMP for YouTube.  I found a help article entitled:

MASTER THE MODES: HOW TO LIVE STREAM

Here is what it states about this - as you can see, YouTube is not listed as an option under the RTMP section:

All-in GoPro live streaming is compatible with the platforms below:

Sightseer

[ New ]

Generally when accessing accounts for livestreaming, other apps will ask you to login to google/youtube account and then once you have selected that account it will list the available channels.

I have same issue where by brand account has 16300+ subs, but it defaults to my personal account rather than letting me specify which account I want GoPro to have access to.

GoPro would need to change the way it handles the api

Hope you guys can make the change :<

Sightseer

[ New ]
actually the odd thing is, I've live streamed from my GoPro max to my Brand account before, but My Hero 8 Black which I tried was unable to as it defaulted to personal account.
Hiker

[ New ]

Tested the live streaming to YouTube with BRAND account functionality again after updating to the v1.22 firmware - nope, still doesn't work.  Still no option to select a brand account that has the requisite 1,000+ subscribers and is enabled for live streaming.  Any updates on when this fix is coming?

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Livestream in Youtube Brand Channel nicht möglich

[ New ]
Das war bei Facebook auch erst so. Man konnte nur in die private Facebook Seite streamen. Nach dem letzten Update konnte man dann auch die Facebookseiten nutzen. Bei YouTube das Gleiche. Hier gehts zur Zeit nur in den Hauptchannel der hinterlegten Emailadresse. Brand Channel können nicht ausgewählt werden. Ich habe über 6000 Abonnenten ( http://youtube.style-dach.de ) doch live reinstreamen ist nicht möglich. Hier müssen wir auf das passende Update warten. Gopro gebt Gas....Danke
Tourist

[ New ]

Please provide a fix for this! it's now December, and still the same problem. This makes the advertised 'livestream to youtube' capabilities completely inaccessible to me (and I'm guessing, many many others). I have a small private google account and a larger brand account, can't live stream via RTMP, (no access to live dashboard RTMP streamkeys when using mobile phone web browser, try it), can't stream to my brand account through the gopro app. 

back to my phone, which livestreams without any hassles.

come on, gopro!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Using chrome web browser you can change the view setting to view as desktop. It'll allow you to grab what you want.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, I understand what you're saying but it doesn't go through to the youtube live dashboard that you get on a PC from youtube studio when you click Go live, even when on Chrome browser on mobile phone with 'desktop site' enabled. So I'm stuck having to set the livestream up on a PC hours before the 'event' and if I make a mistake on it and end it the livestream is burned out and no way to go live 'in the field' again...

Sightseer

[ New ]

Seriously? Gopro team fixing this sience September?

I bought that camera for livestreaming motorcycle riding 5 months ago... Nice job Gopro

Sightseer

[ New ]

has this been solved yet before i send this back

Tourist

[ New ]

We're still on the same camera firmware 1.5, so I guess it's still the same. Not sure how to check latest gopro app version, but mine is 7.3.1

Hiker

[ New ]

Hey admins, how about an update on this issue?  Has any progress been made?  Is the fix scheduled for a future update?  Many of us want to live stream to our YouTube BRAND accounts that are all setup, qualified, and ready to go, but GoPro is preventing us from doing so.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @brewcityrider

Sorry for any trouble caused.

This has been shared with the team and we'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem. This is the main reason why I upgraded my GoPro only to realise that live streaming via brand account isn't possible at the moment..