Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

How to have a muted GoPro LiveStream?

[ New ]

Hi,

this question was already raised in 2019 (https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/How-to-mute-during-livestream/td-p/332559), but the solution may have worked for the member asking it's not really from this century. It certainly does not satisfy me. 

Please is there really no way to switch off sound before going live or during a livestream? If for no other reason look at it as a privacy issue!

thank you for your input!

S

Backpacker

Re: How to have a muted GoPro LiveStream?

[ New ]

The only way to do this would be a buy a media mod, attach it to the camera, plug in a blank (line in) or cut microphone into the external mic socket and therefore you won't have any audio recorded.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for replying. 

Your solution requires me to buy an additional piece of hardware which I am likely to loose and frankly bulks up the small handy camera - altering its very essence. Wouldn't it be much easier to just come up with a software solution? For instance having the option in the Go Live screen to choose Mute audio or not.

Backpacker

[ New ]

No, it's actually much easier to use a solution that works with something that already exists than to dedicate time and resources into developing new camera firmware to enable a feature which doesn't exist and then have it beta tested in house, roll it out to the public, have them find issues, then spend more time and resources trying to fix the issues and roll out yet another firmware update for a camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

I actually agree that this should be bulit into the firmaware.  To me this is not about what is the easiier solution.  How about building the right solution? Having to work around something is really not a valid solution.

As someone that manages IT products and new feature delivery this is a big miss in my mind.

I use the gopro to stream you baseball games and will probably have to quit using the gopro becuase of the inability to turn of the mic.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertcreek01737

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.
We'll have this shared with the team in charge.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej