Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How to find a lost camera.

[ Edited ]

I lost my Hero 5 Black camera skiing. I wanted to know if there was a way to track the camera or if it is gone forever. I have the serial number and the box of those are needed.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: How to find a lost camera.

Unfortunately, no. There is a find my camera function with the app, but the camera needs to be in Wi-Fi mode. Even if it was, unless you had the camera plugged in to a power supply, the battery would have died by now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

capture app called Locate my camera  only is within t he wifi range not a gps tracker. Imagine we had that like our iphone?   you may file it with giopro  support ,  ther may be a chance that some one will find it and report it in to gopro.  a good thing t odo is to have an email on  your sd card with a reward info. you can even tape info but the card is the ebst. hey look there is a this file with a reward if found.

we do that on our rc stuff

Highlighted
Explorer

spellcheck Fish, spellcheck...Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Adventurer

thnx will try again

Highlighted
Explorer

No problem. I'm not much better when I use my mobile phone. The spelling is ok, just often times not the right word, LOL. I need to do a little proof reading.
Highlighted
Adventurer

when we lose things like the gopro the video is the importance, as well the camera.  we all been there and done that.

Highlighted
Anonymous

What ski mountain did you lose it at?

Highlighted
Tourist

I lost it at Snowbasin Resort in Utah.