Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

How to film at night? - Ferris Wheel

[ New ]

Hello,

I have a GoPro Hero 6 Black.  I plan on going to the Christmas Markert and take some footage.  How do you film a Ferris Wheel and get that spiral effect?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to film at night? - Ferris Wheel

[ New ]

@jeffreyr04, this can be done through Night Photo or Night Lapse mode. Basically, you need to set the camera with a long Shutter Speed, Wide FOV, and Protune ON - max out the ISO and choose the right White Balance (found under Protune settings). You can find more information about this feature here: How to Use Night Photo & Night Lapse

Additional tip: Keep it steady — sturdiness is your next main concern when dealing with long Shutter Speed. Use a tripod.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Not sure what you mean by "Spiral effect".  A spiral is an ever decreasing (or increasing) circular line which could only be achived by a Ferris Wheel if it were in the process of falling over.  So I certainly hope no one gets that shot!

Jokes aside, are you talking about a timelapse shot which blends the lights into one pattern maybe?  If you can post an example of what you're looking to do then we're happy to help out and tell you which settings to use.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks, I guess it is time lapse.  How do you set that up in GoPro Hero 6 Black?  Or you have any recommend tutorials?

ferris.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@jeffreyr04, this can be done through Night Photo or Night Lapse mode. Basically, you need to set the camera with a long Shutter Speed, Wide FOV, and Protune ON - max out the ISO and choose the right White Balance (found under Protune settings). You can find more information about this feature here: How to Use Night Photo & Night Lapse

Additional tip: Keep it steady — sturdiness is your next main concern when dealing with long Shutter Speed. Use a tripod.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you, I will review the link