Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: How to contact email support?

there is no support!! the cameras might work and shoot high quiality but whats the point if you cant edit and get to work with them. from experience everything to do with gopro is just a headache!

Highlighted
Tourist

My husband gave me Go pro hero 5 as our wedding anniversary gift last January 2017. According to him, He decided to buy go pro hero 5 since it is more reliable (though costly) than any other cameras out there. All due care was taken when closing and seating doors to make sure the seal was good. I have invested in GoPro mounts and accessories too. Few weeks ago, We went on a vacation with my family. Accordingly, since it is waterproof, we tried it on the pool. I checked my gopro first to make sure that all doors are water tight. I even used the underwater case. After few minutes, we noticed my Hero 5 is leaking! It has water inside! It's only been used in a pool for videos from the bottom less than 3 feet and no harsh movements were done (no jumping in etc). All doors were closed all the way on the battery door and USB-C. The inside of the battery compartment was soaked. Immediately, we removed the battery, dried it off and tried it again but it started to heat up. Not only the battery but the whole unit as well!
The lcd screen started flickering, then the screen went blackout. We tried other batteries. It worked for a little bit, but once I set it down for a while, the go pro wouldnt turn on or charge. And the whole camera will heat up. Really disappointing. I hope you can do something about this. I dont want it to go to waste since this is one of the memorable gift my husband gave me on our anniversary and my first camera ever. We rely on this camera on every occassion.Hoping for your prompt response on this matter.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@celestine19 - Sorry to hear about your GoPro. If you reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, we'll do our best to help you out with this.

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

Where can i get a reference number?
Highlighted
GoPro

@batangbontores

You will have to open a case by Phone or Chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GOPRO 5 Case #04341625
Fm: Jamel P. Samonte, Philippines
1.) Thanks for sending us detailed instructions to fix our gadget. 2.) We did all instructions to no avail as LCD Display still not functioning. 3.) So dismayed that GOPRO5 not working when its still on warranty period 4.) Any free services or damage claim for this one. Please help! God speed GOPRO!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jamel1994,

This is only a Community Support Hub. It looks like you have a case going and an agent will be following up with you soon.

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

I have issue on my gopro hero 5 i using under water then after i see that have water im front of screen then its automatically off then i remove the battery and my memory card then i dry my gopro 5 then after 2 days the water has gone then i try to open my gopro and its not working anymore... i though gopro hero 5 is fix for under water even though dont have any case... why is this happen