Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

How to change name and password on 5Black

Hello,

Can i change those presets ?

Best.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: How to change name and password on 5Black

I'd also like to know haha 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The camera name and password are not customizable on the HERO5 cameras.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

i can not believe gopro have done this. try managing 20 cameras with wifi when the ssids are just random numbers. its almost impossible and so time consuming. so angry. i now hate the gopro5 black. bring back the 4 please. must admit the YI 4k is looking very good now, so they can have my money from now on.

Highlighted
Adventurer

LOl Yi4K+ no less, right?  At least we can name itanything we want, reasions why I want a rename. when I head out and wantto connect I don't want to siff through 50 wi-fi names. I wantto smple see 1gopro so  it is on top ofthe list not  down the middle of a list.

If I hate the password  yeah I simply  reset it all but the Seriel is my name GP74543934 and password can be  climb2192 or stoke 3450, ir  snow4034

gopro not hard to do if asked.

Highlighted
Nomad

Highlighted
Adventurer

Simply not hard to do if asked you  cxan  change the  password but it will be all gopros passwords just the gpname stays the same.    down the road you simply use it and forget about it. ifnot getanother camera if it bothers us that much

Highlighted
Hiker

for those with just 1 or 2 camers its not a problem, but when your managing 20 to 30 cameras on an event, then its a massive issue. its doable but it add so much extra faffing about, sometimes there just isnt the time to work out which one of the list of cryptic names is the camera your working on, let alone finding the password quickly. my camera are named ans numbered in sequence and i use 1 master password for all of them. i'm not bothered about password security really, ive never been hacked via my gopro, and doubt i ever will. and why the hell do i need to login to gopro account to use an app on my phone to connect to a camera in front of me. gopro have lost the plot and they are about to loose one of their customers. they are just pig headed now, they made a camera to make shooting life simple and now have added things to make it more difficult.