Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How to change camera password

Please could someone tell me how to change the password on my go pro hero session camera please.

I've tried typing the default password 'goprohero' as suggested in previous threads but this doesn't work.

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How to change camera password

Hello @sweetdive33310

Have you gone through the following steps: 

1. Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera Status Screen). 
  2. Press and hold the INFO/WI-FI button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released. 
  3. Press the INFO/WI-FI button once to highlight YES. 
  4. Press the SHUTTER button once to select YES; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off. 
  5. Follow the pairing instructions here, to set up a new name and password during the GoPro App pairing process. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sweetdive33310

Have you gone through the following steps: 

1. Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera Status Screen). 
  2. Press and hold the INFO/WI-FI button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released. 
  3. Press the INFO/WI-FI button once to highlight YES. 
  4. Press the SHUTTER button once to select YES; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off. 
  5. Follow the pairing instructions here, to set up a new name and password during the GoPro App pairing process. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes!
Thank you so much! 😁
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sweetdive33310

Were you able to change your camera password?

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes.

Thankmyou very much.