Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

How to change camera name on Hero7 black?

Hi.

How i can change the camera name and password when pairing to the GoPro app after reseting the connections.

Thanks for your reply.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: How to change camera name on Hero7 black?

[ Edited ]

Connect the camera to the GoPro app. If you have previously connected, delete the camera from the app before starting (hold down on the picture until the option appears). It's also a good idea, but not required, to delete previous Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections to the camera. Once done, Go into the camera Preferences>Connections>Connect New. Open the app and press the (+) Add camera icon. If it doesn't auto detect the camera, choose HERO7 Black. When the camera is connected to the app, you will be given an oportunity to change the name.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Connect the camera to the GoPro app. If you have previously connected, delete the camera from the app before starting (hold down on the picture until the option appears). It's also a good idea, but not required, to delete previous Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections to the camera. Once done, Go into the camera Preferences>Connections>Connect New. Open the app and press the (+) Add camera icon. If it doesn't auto detect the camera, choose HERO7 Black. When the camera is connected to the app, you will be given an oportunity to change the name.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi.

I connect my camera with GoPro app. But in last stap I don't given an oportunity to change the name.

I don't know why?

Highlighted
Explorer

That's odd. Make sure you are on the latest update of the app.
Highlighted
Hiker

I update GoPro app. My last version is 5.1.1

Highlighted
Explorer

Hmm, sorry. When the camera first shows up as connected there should be a prompt asking if you want to change the name or keep the camera default name. I'm not sure why you aren't getting this.
Highlighted
Hiker

I solved the problem. I had 2 cameras (GoPro7 and GoPro4). I removed both of them and connected them again with the GoPro app. Then I could change the name of the camera. Thank you for your help.
Highlighted
Explorer

Glad it worked out!