Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How to I shoot normal video without the fish eye distortion I normally see in GoPro Videos

I just got my GoPro6 and I am thinking about giving it to my son and getting a GoPro 7.  A lot of what I will be shooting are short interviews answering technical questions on a website.  I dont want the fisheye distortion I see with a lot of Gopro action videos.   If you want to shoot a normal vidoe view and flatten the image how do you do that.   Is it best done in a setting I am missing on the GoPro or is it best done post production in software you have to buy later??? 

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: How to I shoot normal video without the fish eye distortion I normally see in GoPro Videos

On your hero 6 doc look for linear and also the zoom slider. Narrow fov was replaced by zoom. In the H7 be the same. If you want to use wide fov and take out the fisheye you’ll use an editor that has lens correction like power director. The more or less crop the video Hope that offers some help

Fish

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

Re: How to I shoot normal video without the fish eye distortion I normally see in GoPro Videos

On your hero 6 doc look for linear and also the zoom slider. Narrow fov was replaced by zoom. In the H7 be the same. If you want to use wide fov and take out the fisheye you’ll use an editor that has lens correction like power director. The more or less crop the video Hope that offers some help

Fish
Nomad

[ Edited ]

2,7K 60fps > FOV : Linear