Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

How to Chat with Support

[ New ]

Recently, we got a comment through our pop-up survey that read, "It could be helpful to have a live chat for people to contact GoPro in an even more efficient way!"

Unfortunately, the person who made this comment hadn't signed into the Support Hub yet, so we don't know who they are or how to reach them. In case they find this - or if anyone else has this same question - I'm going to post the response here.

If you'd like to chat with one of our Customer Support agents, the best option is to visit https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus. There, you'll find an option to call, or chat (if a chat agent is available) with our team.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hiker

Re: How to Chat with Support

[ New ]

Sorry to say Jeff, but your customer support agents aren't very good at the more tricky issues, well not so far in my instance.

See.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Support-Hub-Suggestions/Support-Suggestion/m-p/13158#U13158

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@bonzo1 - If I'm reading your note correctly, it seems that you're expecting timely responses from GoPro Support agents to posts you make here on the Support Hub. While our team does like to come onto the boards to help whenever they can, the GoPro Support Hub is designed as a member to member support channel. It's a place where other GoPro users can share what they've learned and the tips that they've developed with other users.

If you're looking for timely responses directly from GoPro Support agents, the best way to get those is to contact the agents directly. The contact info is at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

If I'm misreading this and you have an open case with one of our agents and have not gotten a response on that case, please send me the details of the case (ex. the case number) by private message and I'll be glad to check into that and get the agent to respond back to you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Jeff, and thank you.

No, i am not looking for timely resonse on here, i was suggesting however, that you bring in a top techie from the GoPro team to mediate on here and assist with the technical issues, that are beyond the help of the memebrs on here. As suggested, someone from the developers side of the program, who know th ein's & outs of the sytem and any possible conflict. Who can help owners of the camers's in a more real time enviroment, or within a day or two.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Great. We do help out where we can. It's hard to see every post as it comes in, so we'll likely miss some posts, but we'll try to help out if other members are unable to answer a question.

For real-time support, contacting our Support team directly is the best option.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I've tried the support options you mentioned and it's very disappointing that I've never had the chat page respond with anything but:

No agent is online.Please try later.

I've of course only tried to chat during the chat hours shown.

And worse, I've used the e-mail support option twice and never heard back (even after waiting for a WEEK).

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Not sure why you're not getting a response by email, but if you want to send me your case number, I'll try to get an agent to get back to you. Otherwise, trying to get an agent on the phone might be a better option.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]
Hey Jeff I actually got a response from one of the email I sent but how do I respond to the same person I talked with the first time because he wanted me to send him my ss card specs but the email on it is just a generic GoPro support
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

You can call in directly. Any agent will be able to track your case history and route you to the original agent if they're working at the time.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I've been trying to use the chat. I'm waiting at position in line = 1 forever and no one appears to be working or whatever. By email they send you standard responses showing that they not even read your email. Awful service. Sad.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out. I have since gotten my cameras updates and registered. My current issue is having to change out the internal gopro batteries. I have kept everything properly charged and have not run the cameras down to zero battery life but I am pretty consistently getting array errors do to the batteries I believe. How often should I be needing to replace the internal batteries? 
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Our chat queues are a little busy right now. We are working on that. If they are busy when you try, please try calling instead.

@Anonymous - Barring any situations where the battery has a defect, they should last for years (I believe it's in the thousands of recharges). If your battery is not holding a charge, our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus can help.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I've attempted to call, and use the online chat option, both of which have FAILED MISERABLY!!! When you offer 24 hour assistance, one would assume that you would be able to contact someone with in 24 hour period. 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - 24 hour assistance is offered through Chat for GoPro Care customers. If you have GoPro Care, you will want to log into that account at GoPro.com before starting your Chat session.

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I think you should edit your post "If you'd like to chat with one of our Customer Support agents, the best option is to visit https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus. There, you'll find an option to email, call, or chat (if a chat agent is available) with our team." as gopro doesnt have any email options anymore.. kind a sad that the email option has been removed since i dont have a stable internet for the live chat (frequent disconnection)... Trying to reach out regarding my karma grip issues but having so many problem getting support... tried replying the email that go pro sent but it just bounced...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. If you are having a hard time getting ahold of an agent by chat give support a call. https://goo.gl/1ktySX

Best,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]

Been trying to reach the support hub all day about problems with my camera - rang multiple times, was left on hold for about 2 hours and chat just never connected.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Nor are they ever available.... Does anyone else have an idea of how to help? I am trying to move videos that are on my local device (iphone) to the cloud. Does anyone know how to do this? Any and all help appreciated, as I have been on hold with customer service and attempting to chat for well over 2 hours. I'm hoping there is an easier way to get help! 

Anonymous

[ New ]

HI my gopro hero 6 needs an update but when i press it it keeps popping up as could not complete update.

i have tried doning lots of things but it will not work.

Also my voice remote wont work so im not sure what to do with it 

thanks 

Oliver

Anonymous

[ New ]

Jeff,

Chat support is great if they can actually resolve an issue.Over 5 hours closing on 6 hours of trying to resolve an issue buying a karma...took my money but can't deliver and offshore support is useless ? Any advice ?

Anonymous

[ New ]

Don't hold your breath. Support is horrendous...

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - For billing questions, it may be better to give the team a call. Typically those issues revolve around verifying the information on the account that's linked to the credit card you're using. Doing something like that by voice instead of chat may be a little faster.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I have called multiple times and have spent days. Not hours but days on hold literally. It’s now 3 months later. Non product received, no refund given and the 3rd world support told me to try back in 2 weeks ??? What ? If 3 months didn’t get anything resolved what is 2 more weeks gonna do ?
Anonymous

[ New ]
Good day. I used my gopro hero 5 in the lake and when I open when I got hime it just blacked out. Not even charging. When I checked, there’s a few water inside. I always check my go pro before using it. What will be the best thing to do woth this.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear about what happened to the camera. It would be best to contact our Support team for assistance on this case. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi there! I recently sent my busted gopro hero5 to Singapore for an offer of 20% discount on my next purchase, they already received the unit but problem is they wanted me to call to arrange the purchase, I am currently in the Philippines and the contact number nearest me is in Singapore, that will be too costly for me calling long distance, i tried contacting thru email but to no avail, tried chat, but is not available on weekends, I am working on weekdays and we don't have an internet connection at work, if you can help me please. Thank you so much.

please attachment of our email thread.  Thanks again

email.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @marjcars81

Chat is open on weekends.
If you have free time you can contact them at night (9PM Philippines Time to 10AM)
On GoPro Website make sure that the region selected is US. 

Best Regards,
-Jay

Anonymous

[ New ]

Level the playing field.  A rider on a trainer at 7000' is at a distinct disadvantage when competing against someone on a trainer at sea level. It could be implemented by leaving the displayed power as is, but giving a percentage boost to the power entered into the physics engine.  Make it optional and perhaps add a small indicator for riders who are Altitude Compensated

Tourist

[ New ]

@jefft wrote:

Recently, we got a comment through our pop-up survey that read, "It could be helpful to have a live chat for people to contact GoPro in an even more efficient way!"

Unfortunately, the person who made this comment hadn't signed into the Support Hub yet, so we don't know who they are or how to reach them. In case they find this - or if anyone else has this same question - I'm going to post the response here.

If you'd like to chat with one of our Customer Support agents, the best option is to visit https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus. There, you'll find an option to call, or chat (if a chat agent is available) with our team.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello Go Pro team,
I dont know where to ask a question regarding the status of my hero 5 black go pro, suddenly its stop working nor charging anymore the unit was just warming when on charge when i checked the battery there was a moist on it, I tried another battery still not working, I’ve been using it for 1 year and 10 months now, I surely closed it tightly before i use it in the water so i don’t know  why its leaking this time to think it is water proof...
Thank you and please help
Tourist

[ New ]

I try to contact in your live chat but this statement always appeared “you have blocked up pop browser in your settings please enable” I checked my settings but there was no such option sa that...

please help thank you

Tourist

[ New ]
Same with go pro hero 5 black
Not working nor charging... still contacting their support but always unavailable
Tourist

[ New ]
I hope they have an email options so we can leave a message if their team isnt available in live chat
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If there is moisture in the battery compartment, it's likely that there has been some water damage. Unfortunately, there's not a fix we can provide you here on the Support Hub for that specific issue. Reaching out to our Support team directly is going to be the best option.

If you phone or computer is not allowing pop-ups and you are unable to turn the blocker off, you can also give us a call.

Tourist

[ New ]
Приложение quik не загружает фото: при нажатии на фото гаснет эээкран и появляется заставка "создать видиоролик" и так до бесконечности. Как исправить? Ответ. жду на почту.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superoasis13100,

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We've found out that it's caused by an update outside of Quik App. We're currently investigating the issue and working on a fix. Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Tourist

[ New ]
I have been chatting to your live chat in several occasions today trying to track down a well overdue order. They were not very helpful snd were unable to answer confidently any of my questions. I would like to have raised s complaint but apparently a complaints department does not exist which I’m very surprised about considering the amount of disgruntled customers on Facebook. As a result of my bad experience today, I cancelled my order and will be looking else where for an alternative camera as go pro are quite shambolic
Hiker

[ New ]

Buenos dias !   el problema de la camara comenzo luego de introducirla al agua (no mas de 30 cm)  luego de descubrir que algo andaba mal comenzo a tildarse en varias oportunidades y luego a sacar fotos de mala calidad como la que envie anteriormente ,desp mejoro la imagen pero elegia las opciones de la maquina como VIDEO O FOTOS O RAFAGAS  elegia sola sin que yo le de OK y como ultimo dejo de andar la pantalla tracera donde se puede apreciar las fotos y opciones de sistema !   No es un problema de Sofward ,en este caso FALLO la maquina y con un uso muy familiar sin exponerla a peligros y teniendo solo 1 semana de uso ( un producto nuevo)....   POR FAVOR GOPRO NECESITO QUE ME RECONOZCAN SU FALLA ,NO TENGO COMO ACCEDER A USTEDES ,ESTOY HACE 2 MESES INTENTANDO QUE ME DEN UNA RESPUESTA CONVINCENTE UNA SOLUCION ......        LOS ELEGI POR SU GRAN PUBLICIDAD POR SU GRAN NOMBRE GOPRO ,YO ELEGI SER SU CLIENTE POR FAVOR LES PIDO QUE ME DEN UNA RESPUESTA YA QUE ESTOY DENTRO DE LA GARANTIA Y ME COSTO MUCHO LLEGAR A ESTE ARTICULO ....    POR FAVOR 

ATT .TISO DANIEL

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @dantesimon

Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps we advised on your other post?

Should it still be the same please reach out to our Support Team to check on this further.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Sinceramente ,estoy hace 2 meses llamando a el numero +54 11 52734083 ese numero figura en la pagina de gopro como la opcion telefonica desde argentina y te atiende un operador y se corta .....    por el chat tampoco me da opcion me dice que esta ocupado con otros clientes HACE 2 MESES ya no se que pensar....   si todo esto lo hacen para que el cliente se canse y no reclame mas o cual es el fin.......   no voy a dejar de insistir hasta que me den una solucion , Gopro me lo hacia una empresa seria y me esta desepcienando y haciendo perder dinero .. por favor una respuesta y una solucion ,quiero hablar con alguien que sea de la empresa 

GoPro

[ New ]

@dantesimon, sorry to hear about the trouble. We definitely want to help as best as we can. If contacting our Support team by phone using the phone numbers at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Telephone-Numbers, please make sure that the network allows calls to toll free numbers.

If having trouble connecting to our Chat Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "United States, English" on the Contact Us webpage. The hours of operation will also be posted on the page.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hola buenos dias !    Estoy bastante avanzado con el reclamo de la garantia de mi gopro 7 black , ayer mande el ticket de factura de compra y los datos de direccion de mi pais ,estoy intentando abrir el chat para hacer una charla mas fluida y ver que requisitos tengo que cumplir para la entrega etc ...   por favor si me pueden dar de alta en el chat seria optimo!   el chat me dice que esta cerrado que no esta disponible para mi , me falta muy poco para terminar con todo lo que me pidieron , solo saber como mandar el producto!

Att Tiso Daniel 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dantesimon

Our Support Team's hours of operation is also listed on https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Have you also tried the suggested step above? Please try selecting US as the location.

You should be able to get through.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I received 2 email .
One asking about the camera recipt and the other asking about the damaged image and the camera serial number.
Atfer that i didn't get any response from it.
My case number is #07535997
Screenshot_2020-02-19-13-28-07-863_com.google.android.gm.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ananthak02736

We can see some updates made on the case today.

Please continue working with our Support Team.

Thanks!

Ej