Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

How in the hell dose Gopro advertise the Hero 8 as web camera and not include Audio

[ Edited ]

Show me one god --bleep-- web camera for sale that doesn't support audio. This is very misleading and down right criminal. But hey, it's not like gopor’s product work as advertised usually. The do this constantly. Is still cant even use stickers on my GoPro because they still updating the software. Also their customer support is complete rubish and thier software is a joke. 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: How in the hell dose Gopro advertise the Hero 8 as web camera and not include Audio

Not sure what you mean with this. GoPro cameras do record audio. the HERO8 Black can also record from an external mic when used with the Media Mod.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: How in the hell dose Gopro advertise the Hero 8 as web camera and not include Audio

You need to read the post again, I specifically mention the web camera functionality and the non recording of audio. You have no doubt had other customers unhappy with this and I don’t like being talked to like there’s nothing wrong with camera. I don’t like you suggesting I go out and buy additional things for my camera that would not resolve the issue. Stop trying to sell me more stuff when your product doesn’t work.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @greg931. The HERO8 Black camera microphone cannot be used as an audio source at this time. We plan to support that in the future. In the meantime, you'll need a separate mic to capture audio while using the camera as a webcam. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Then why do you advertise it as a web camera? “Web cameras are used for video chatting ... and include live audio and video“ - Wikipedia.
Highlighted
Adventurer

RUSH RUSH RUSH, who are they after in the Rush.     one step forwared two steps back.

Highlighted
Tourist

Wikipedia is not a reputable sight for accurate information, it is written by anyone that wants to write their thoughts.
A Webcam is exactly that, a cam. Use your onboard mic or add a mic to your pc/laptop for audio.
One more point, gopros are action cameras, not Webcam. It is a bonus gopro added this functionality. If you bought a hero 8 to webcam, you made a poor choice.
Highlighted
Sightseer

If they're that awful don't buy them then!! I ve had nothing but good experiences with both the cameras and the customer support, plus as someone has already pointed out its clearly an action camera that GoPro has added some functionality to so that it can be used as a webcam. Maybe read the full specs next time