Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

How do I update the firmware

[ New ]

I am trying to update the firmware on my Hero 8.  First, how can I find out what the curent firmware version is?  I have attempted to follow the instructions for using the app.  The link from this page, https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black, for using the app to update does not provide instructions.  When I try to update manually, I enter my serial number, check I agree, click next, and nothing happens.  What do I need to do?

Thank you,

Paul

GoPro

Re: How do I update the firmware

[ New ]

Hi @coolwater8746

Please refer to https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

Follow "Update your camera manually".

You would need to open this link on a computer.

Make sure you are entering the serial number and email address correctly.

There should be a green frame on the field to indicate that the information entered is correct.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Good morning EJ.  Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately it is still not working.  I enter bothe the serial # and my eMail, click next, The Captcha box at the bottom flashes and I get the red circle with a bar through it when my mouse is over the Next button.  I am using Chrome and have cleared cache and restarted.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Paul

GoPro Firmware Update.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

If your app isn't prompting you to update your camera firmware, then it's already running the latest firmware.  You should only manually flash your firmware if you are having camera issues.  Here's a video showing how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVTYclGorU

If you cannot get past the registration page.  Either try using the seriel number given in the example image on the download page, or try using a different browser, the webpage could be reading an invalid cookie on your computer stopping you from advancing to the download page.

In this video I show you how to manually update the firmware on your GoPro. This video was made using the GoPro Hero 8 however the exact same procedure appl...
Tourist

[ New ]

I think this worked...I had downloaded the firmware yesterday but wasn't sure how to get it on the camera.  The video answered that question.  How do I verify the firmware version of the camera?

Thank you,

Paul

Nomad

[ New ]

Simple, power on your camera, access the touch screen and click on preferences.  Scroll down to "About camera" and click on Camera info.  Your camera name, seriel number and Firmware version will be displayed there.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you