Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

How do I turn off GoPro MAX camera stabilisation?

[ New ]

Struggling to find a way to override the in-camera stabilisation. The camera is fixed to the bonnet of a vehicle, part of the bonnet is in shot, the camera tries to compensate for the movement of the bonnet even though it is moving with the bonnet. This makes the bonnet appear to bounce around independantly of the camera. The footage is un-usable. I'm using a GoPro Max, updated it today. Any help much appreciated.

GoPro

Re: How do I turn off GoPro MAX camera stabilisation?

[ New ]

Hi @graydive6432

Have you tried changing the camera angle? See if that helps.

Also, try to extend the distance of the camera and mount/handle to help mprove the stitching ability. The farther the distance of the subject, the better the stitching. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The stitching isn't the issue, the auto stabilisation is what's giving me grief. When the vehicle hits a bump; I want the camera to bump too. I don't want to camera to smooth anything out.

Thanks for your suggestions anyhow

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @graydive6432

Would you mind sharing a sample file?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @graydive6432. The only option with MAX is turning off the MAX HyperSmooth Stabilization. You can do it by following the steps here. Have you been able to try it? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello Mariustanya, I don't have the option to turn off/on Max HyperSmooth or Horizon Leveling when set to 360 mode. I can set Max HyperSmooth off/on when set to Hero mode. Thanks for your suggestions anyhow