Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

How do I connnect a HERO5 black to a PC via WiFi?

How do I connnect a HERO5 black to a PC via WiFi?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: How do I connnect a HERO5 black to a PC via WiFi?

@Anonymous - You'll want to make sure you have our Quik for Desktop app installed on your computer. That should make importing using the USB easy. The software is at https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html.

I suppose it is possible to transfer from your smartphone to the computer. I think it would work if you save the content from your camera to your smartphone using the Capture app, then transferred the content to your computer using Airplay or any other method you use to get content off of your smartphone.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - I'm not aware of any way to connect the cameras to computers using wifi. The cameras with wifi will connect to your smartphone through the Capture app though.

To connect your camera to your computer, you'll want to use the USB cord.

Thanks,

Jeff 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello Jeff, thank you for you answer. I was just asking because I saw on youtube that it should be possible to connect an Hero3 to PC via WiFi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTyxSQZPro)
Gianrico

Here's how to transfer files directly from your GoPro to your PC or Mac via Wifi. Produced by videograndpa.com
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello, have we been able to transfer hero 5 black data to the computer via the USB cable or are we only able to view and transfer data through APP? I tried to connect my by the USB cable and I could not, should the computer also have some application?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Interesting video. I've never connected that way, but it looks like it would work.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - You'll want to make sure you have our Quik for Desktop app installed on your computer. That should make importing using the USB easy. The software is at https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html.

I suppose it is possible to transfer from your smartphone to the computer. I think it would work if you save the content from your camera to your smartphone using the Capture app, then transferred the content to your computer using Airplay or any other method you use to get content off of your smartphone.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

One problem I can not solve is that of the ERROR when reading the Micro SD I do not know what to do, every time I put in to record a Vidio it appears an error message in SD not found.What should I do?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - I posted some suggestions on how to address that issue on the other message you posted.

Thanks,

Jeff