Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

How do I Undelete video on Hero 5?

Is there really no simple Undo function?  Seems crazy. Or am I being blind?  No one else seems to have asked the question ....

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: How do I Undelete video on Hero 5?

Are you asking if you delete a video, to retrieve it again?   

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have a related problem:  I downloaded images and videos yesterday to my apple air laptop through GoPro Quik w/ the file import location set to my external 1T harddrive.  No problems.  Then today, using same program and no changes, uploaded my adventure's videos and they are now completely missing.  They are not in my trash, they are not on my external hD and they are not on my Hero 5.  I stupidly set gopro Quik to automatically delete pfiles off of the gopro SD card after importing.  

I am so incredibly unimpressed and frustrated with this Go Pro.  These videos were priceless.  I beg you to help me iwth this ASAP.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Fishycomics - yes, that is exactly my question. On an iOS, mac, windows etc deleted items go into trash and can be retrieved. There doesn't seem to be this simple option on GoPro. Thx.
Highlighted
Adventurer

camera only  you delete a file, stop using hte card get to a recovery program.

computer deletes the  sd card then find the options , if moved to the trash you can recover but  I personally delete my files and don't use  quik