Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

How can I free up storage space that the GoPro app is using?

I want to free up storage space on my iphone and the GoPro app is taking up the most space. I have already downloaded all the photos and videos from the app to my photos app and deleted them from the GoPro app, but it still shows that the app is taking over 70GB of storage space. There are no more files left for me to delete! Why is it taking up so much space??

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How can I free up storage space that the GoPro app is using?

@tresix, thanks for reaching out. If you haven't yet, please try re-launching the GoPro App and Settings app on your mobile device. If the app's accumulated storage space still doesn't show correctly, kindly restart your iOS device. Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Hiker

I restarted the phone at least 3 times and in the Settings app under iPhone Storage, it still shows that the GoPro app is taking up 70 GB of space.
Highlighted
Nomad

Open up your GoPro app and the first button (from left to right) will be your camera's.  The 3rd button will be your stored photo's and video's within the app (there should be nothing there).  The 2nd button brings you to a list of edits that you've created, this should also be blank.  If you are seeing video's and photo's in there, you also need to delete those as it's yet another copy of the files.  

Highlighted
Hiker

I have checked the app time and time again and I don't see any other filed or copies or edits that need to be deleted. I can't imagine that the GoPro app takes 70GB of space on its own!

Highlighted
Nomad

Ok, so next step is to post screen shots of your app, a screen shot of the 2nd screen and 3rd screen to ensure that they are empty and we can verify.

Also post what version of the app you are using and what phone or tablet you are using also.

Highlighted
Hiker

No edits created or still in the app.
52D99A2B-9BC7-4941-AF41-CF9E809BB014.png
Highlighted
Hiker

No meia downloaded/copied to the app, I've deleted all that was in the app. I'm attempting to upload a screenshot of it, but I keep getting an error message saying the attachment is too large.

I'm using an iPhone XS Max and the app version is 6.10 (3629)