Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

How can I create smaller resolution videos to easily share?

[ New ]

I just bught a GoPro 8 to video my K9 SAR handlers and dogs.  I tried to share a 2 minute video with someone and it was too big to email.  I dont need HD or amazing quality as we just want to watch the handler and dog.  

Is there a way to create a lower resolution video?  Or a way to compress the file? We are not needing fancy, but I just need to share!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How can I create smaller resolution videos to easily share?

[ New ]

Hello @alaskak9. How were you trying to share your video? Did you import or save your videos on a computer or a mobile phone? How large a file did the 2-minute video create? 

An easy way to share would be through the GoPro App for mobile. This uses a .LRV or a low-resolution video file that can easily be shared. If you have a compatible mobile device, download the GoPro App so you can start copying your GoPro footage to your phone and sharing them. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

you may need to get an older version, as gopro done away with 720P

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi.  Sorry for the delay.  I saved it to my iphone, but it was still too big.  I didnt use any special app, so I'll look at what you suggested and try that.

I think the 2 minute video was 100 MB. But that may have been directly from the camera.  I'm still learning how to use the thing.

Tourist

[ New ]

Older version of what?