Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

How can I change HDMI output option?

[ New ]

I'm trying to get the GoPro Hero8 Black (Media Mod attached) to output video without the camera information. The attached clip from the Hero8 Black manual seems to indicate how to do this, but once the camera is attached to the HDMI monitor I can't get to this menu to change the output. The camera output is shown on screen, but the rear screen on the camera is disabled and I can't get to a dashboard. 

When I'm not connected to a screen via HDMI all I get is a line for the Audio Input, which changes dynamically depending on if I have a mic attached separate from the Media Mod. I've yet to see the option to change the HDMI Output pop up on the camera screen. 

Anyone have a trick for this? Thanks!

Messages Image(1385501935).jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How can I change HDMI output option?

[ New ]

Hi @katthyjaggi

Yes, that is the icon if you wish to disable the battery/record timer on the HDMI output.

You can tap on it or toggle between the icons using the Mode button.

Once the icon is highlighted press the Shutter button.

Same steps to turn the option back on.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @katthyjaggi. The option is not seen on the camera but the HDMI output function works. The information on Media Mod - HERO8 Black will be updated soon. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Do you mean this section (attached) will be updated? 

Is this possibly controlled by the "slash/eye" icon when outputting the video via HDMI? It seems to be the behavior I need, but it would be nice to permanently set this to default to not showing camera information instead of having to select this every time I turn the camera on. 

Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 5.49.06 PM.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @katthyjaggi

Yes, that is the icon if you wish to disable the battery/record timer on the HDMI output.

You can tap on it or toggle between the icons using the Mode button.

Once the icon is highlighted press the Shutter button.

Same steps to turn the option back on.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej