Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How can I change FPS in Quik

I filmed a time lapse video with 30fps.

Can I slow down the video in Quik, say 10fps?

And can I change the fps setting in gopro before recording?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: How can I change FPS in Quik

Turn the camera on using the side Mode button. On the main screen, make sure the bottom left icon is of a video recorder. Press on the fps display and you will be able to select the frame per second of your choice. At 1080p you will have all available options. Some resolutions have limits to what can be chosen.
https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero6-black/manuals/HERO6Black_UM_ENG_REVB.pdf

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @epicvista67812,

Using Quik - No
But you can use other software. 

You may try VSDC or iMovie 
http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

Also may I know what is the exact camera that you're using?
Yes you can change FPS using the camera before recording a video.

Regards, 

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I'm using hero 6 but I could only find setting of shotting interval. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Explorer

Turn the camera on using the side Mode button. On the main screen, make sure the bottom left icon is of a video recorder. Press on the fps display and you will be able to select the frame per second of your choice. At 1080p you will have all available options. Some resolutions have limits to what can be chosen.
https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero6-black/manuals/HERO6Black_UM_ENG_REVB.pdf
Highlighted
Explorer

One other note, when slowing down footage you really don't want to go below 24fps unless you are using an editor that has a plugin that will smooth the footage (such as optical flow in Premiere Pro). If you are using a standard editor, anything slower than 24fps will have a lot of stutter on playback and will not look very good.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@epicvista67812

If i use PowerDirector or Magix,  my  timelapse video., I  would change my project  flow or speed in the editor to 25 or 24 (23.97fps)  With timelapse video .   As @danielr15 said, but I am asking Do you want to Slow the  timelapse video fps, is that what you are asking?  or  video.  you can change intervals not fps of a timelapse. correct me if I am wrong please.

FISH

4K timelapse vid interval  fov same to 2k7/4"3,  same to 1080p

Highlighted
Explorer

@fishycomics is on the right track with his question.  

@epicvista67812 The interval is how many pictures will be taken in a given time frame.  Time Laps Video (where the camera automatically compiles the time laps photos into a video) will always be 30fps.  However, you can alter the amount of change in scenery each second by altering the interval.  While yes, you are literally changing the fps with an editor, when dealing with timelaps, it's more appropriate to refer to it as playback speed.  The difference between slowing down video and time laps is with video you want to maintain a smooth transition between frames to keep fluid movement.  With time laps, you are prolonging the time of display of each individual picture.  If you use an editor, such as DaVinci Resolve (free to download and use), you will want to choose a reduced playback speed to prolong the display of each individual picture.

Highlighted
Tourist

I am trying to make each photo display longer, let me try editting the playback speed with the software.

Thank you so much for your help!!!! Smiley LOL