Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

How can I capture live footage from GoPro 7 Black directly to a Adobe Premiere CC timeline?

I guess I will be out of luck, but I am trying to use my GoPro Hero7 Black ( I have a Hero5 Black and Session as well) as a YouTube instructional camera that sits over the top of my build area and I need the quality, wide angle (to a point), direct USB connection and its small size. 

I am using a iMac Late 2015 with Adobe Premiere CC 2020.  I tried OBS, Apple's Capture and the GoPro Quik and they did not work.

I can download to the iMac with the USB C from the camera but I wanted to see my live footage, use the iMac as a monitor and adjust things on the fly.  I would appreciate any suggestions or software thoughts (preferibly free at this point as I am becoming suscription poor).

I also tried the beautiful DaVinci Resolve "free" version but it does not allow capture until you purchase it (and it looks very tempting). 

If its not possilbe, then let me know so I can stop trying and look for another work around.  I have a HD Logitech HD 1080P but thats a joke as far as color and controls goes ... it also changes autofocus a lot. 

My DSLR's are just too big for this in the tight space I am working in.  Thank you for any help.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: How can I capture live footage from GoPro 7 Black directly to a Adobe Premiere CC timeline?

The only way you will get a live stream from the camera is by using the HDMI out and a HDMI capture card attached to your pc. Since the Hero 7 is designed to be an action camera, this is really the wrong camera for the job and you could have issues of overheating depending on airflow etc.

You would be better off using your Logitech and making sure you download the proper logitech software for controlling it so you can adjust colors and turn off the autofocus.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: How can I capture live footage from GoPro 7 Black directly to a Adobe Premiere CC timeline?

Thank you. I ordered a HDMI to USB 3.0 converter today.