Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: How can Hero 8 be used with External Power without Battery & SD card vulnerable?

IMHO once the aftermarket door is installed it will not need to be opened/closed unless you need access to the battery and SD card. If you keep installed Battery charged and clear your card (after around 4 hours of video assuming you are using the 64GB most commonly used card.) It should work fine. It's a reputable aftermarket manufacturer and I am sure they did lots of testing before releasing
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: How can Hero 8 be used with External Power without Battery & SD card vulnerable?

My Ulanzi doot is definately aluminium not plastic.  At the top where it grasps onto the metal pin are two curved prongs which grasp onto the pin.  In the middle between these prongs is a "hump" which sits ontop of the pin.  Between the three of them they grasp onto the pin at the top.

It may need a little pressure when closing at the too to keep these three straight but once closed they grip on fine - I've found that sliding my thumb from top to bottom is all thats needed to keep theese snapped in place and for it to close before pushing up the bottom bit with the usb C hole up to lock. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Mine says Shipped finally , glad its sent  when it  comes I woll then know. right once on, no need to remove, only if you go in the Dunk.

Highlighted
Nomad

I have found thishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813CXVV1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2RM63G8BPH6AT&psc=1 just a few days ago. I have one on the way but have not tried it yet. It's not fully waterproof but should make HERO8 just like 5,6,7 cameras.

Highlighted
Hiker

You're quite late to the party 😄 Read the numerous post above yours.

Thanks for the info though
Highlighted
Hiker

That's the same one. I'd say it wasn't waterproof at all due to the gaping hole in it for the USB connector
Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, we know it's not waterproof. Please re-read the title to this Forum thread. It's about using the external power connection without the SD/Battery being vulnerable, which this door accomplishes
Highlighted
Hiker

That was in response to remote9s post. Without the door I had a couple of times when the camera juggled using the audio adapter and the battery came loose. with the Ulanzi door I don't have the problem.

i have a few Ulanzi/Uurig products (with more on the way) and they're all well made for the money they cost.