Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hot GoPro

[ New ]

Hey peoples

My Hero7b gets really warm when recording. So much so that condesation builds up inside the lens cap after 5 minutes of use. I bought the camera in summer and it did it straight away so i figured it must have something to do with the atomosphereic conditions. But now i use it in winter(not in alpine conditons) and it still does it. Is this a common thing with these camera's? I am filming 60fps 2k. Any insight would be great. Thanks

GoPro

Re: Hot GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @superrange35078. It is not unusual for the camera to warm up while charging or when in use, but it should not be too hot to touch. 

First, it is important that the camera is updated to the latest firmware. If you haven't done it yet, follow the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, perform a factory reset. This will help clear any possible error with the current installation. 

Make sure as well that the SD card is a recommended one. Using a non-compatible card will cause the camera to use more power to communicate with it. 

For cameras that feature unique high-performance video modes: 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps (such as the setting you have set your camera to), it is normal for the camera to become warm and use more power when using these modes. These tips will help improve camera performance.