Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Horizon leveling during live stream with HERO 9 Black ?

[ New ]

Hi all!

I have had a GoPro MAX for a few months now. Super happy with it with the only problem that the orientation is locked once the stream begins. Result is that the horizon-leveling functionality (which works like magic in HERO mode while not live streaming) does not work during a live stream :/

Does anybody know if this is different with the HERO9 Black? I would really like to buy this new camera but this is a show stopper for me.

Cheers!

Alberto.

Backpacker

Re: Horizon leveling during live stream with HERO 9 Black ?

[ New ]

hi Alberto!

wait at least a couple of days...

today was the first day we could order GP9...

tomorrow hopefully will be in our hands...

just me,

robert

Hiker

[ New ]

Just received the new GoPro 9 black and took the next steps:

- Camera: Turned max mode on

- Camera: Turned horizon leveling on

- GoPro app: Connected to the camera and went to Live mode

I got the following message "Live broadcasting is not available during MAX lens mode" (see attachment). I guess this means no horizon leveling during live streams.

For now I will be returning the camera, but keep faith that this option will be activated in the near future.

Another reason to return the GoPro 9 is that I have the GoPro MAX which does most of the things the new GoPro 9 can do.

Looking forward to a new firmware update! :) :) :)

Regards,

Alberto.

IMG_5360(1).PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

This currently isn't a feature. We appreciate your feedback and we are continuously working on improving the experience of our users. We'll have this forwarded to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you, @aenriquez for your reply and the confirmation that we can stop searching for this option, hehe :)

I will mount the GoPro MAX onto my kite (kitesurfing) and live stream a session. After that, I will stop streaming, record part of the session on HERO mode (=horizon leveling active) and "edit" the footage so it looks like a live stream. I will then post a link to both videos right here.

My hope is that your team sees them and acknowledge the huge potential of adding this feature to the product :)

Best regards,

Alberto.

Hiker

[ New ]

Once again this emphasizes why GoPro needs a detailed spec sheet of the various settings and what enabling and disabling features enables or disables other features. This is a deceptive marketing practice GoPro uses to make gullible people think that all features are enabled no matter how the camera is configured. There have been at least 5 times I've ordered a camera from GoPro and then immediately returned it without using it due to being unable to find information before a purchase.

The most ridiculous being the GoPro MAX where GoPro advertises 360 sound that doesn't exists at all.

Beware of GoPro the scam artists.

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro Max does record in 360 ambisonic sound, they didn't lie about that.  They just don't have any software of their own that can extract it.  You have to use 3rd party apps.  Their original player did work with it, but only in certain formats as far as I rememeber.

Livestreaming with the Max Lens Mod will be available in the December Firmware update.

Hiker

[ New ]
How do you know there is a firmware update coming up?