Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Ho rotto il vetrino della fotocamera

[ New ]
Vorrei essere contattata...ho rotto il vetrino gopro 7 white
20210727_092337.jpg
Backpacker

Re: Ho rotto il vetrino della fotocamera

[ New ]

Could you explain the issue with more detail?  Explain what it is that's broken on the Hero 7 and needs to be fixed?

Tourist

[ New ]

I think she's referring to the glass that covers the camera lens, no idea why google translated it in slide, but what she's referring is a "small glass".

A.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Couldn't be sure since she posted a picture of the sliding battery cover and at the same time posted her camera's serial number for everyone to see.

Unfortunately the glass on the Hero 7 white is non replaceable.  So the options are to either buy a new camera or to get a GoPro Plus subscription, register the camera, then send it in for a replacement after paying the replacement fee.  GoPro will then send out a replacement camera.  

Tourist

[ New ]

I think she wanted to show the serial code and yes I guess that if she wants a new/refurb the only solution is 49€ for the subscription and 69€ for the camera, if I'm not wrong with the replacement prices, for a grand total of 118€ and you have a cloud service for your videos/photos which can be useful I guess.

The other solution is getting a new one.

I should have written it in Italian, hopefully google doesn't butcher my already butchered english.

Cheers,

A.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Your english is perfectly understood, I wouldn't even attempt gaelic Irish here, who knows how that would turn out.

Considering the price of the camera and the price of what it would take to get it replaced......  I would look at just buying a newer camera with replaceable parts (which would be the Hero 9, but that still has a few issues that need to be addressed).  This late in the game, I would hold on for the Hero 10.

So other alternatives...

Find an online camera repair shop.  They will use glue buster to remove the plastic lens cover and replace it.  

Find a 2nd hand GoPro online for less than $100 which is cheaper than a GoPro Plus Subscription and replacement camera fee.

Thank you for your help with the translation A!

Nomad

[ New ]

Tabhair dul dó! Smiley LOL

Backpacker

[ New ]

As us Irish always say.........  "touché" sir, "touché".

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Nomad

[ New ]

I'm from the other Celtic branch, I'm Welsh. Smiley Happy