Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

High quality photo time lapse/sequence.

I have owned 3 different generations of Gopro and recently upgraded to the Hero 7 Silver. 

The function I used the most was the high quality photo time lapse function. I mainly use the camera for windsurfing, and would set it to take photos every 0.5s and then select the golden shots at the end of the day. 

ON the new Hero 7 I cant seem to find this function. There is a time lapse video mode, but the quality of the stills is not good. 

Can you please let me know how i can do this. 

Thanks in advance. 

GoPro

Re: High quality photo time lapse/sequence.

Hi @johns77327,

The timelapse photo feature is only available in HERO7 Black. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

That sucks... I thought it was a standard feature. It has been on every Go Pro camera I ever had since the very first one. Pretty much the only thing I used! So now I need to pay an extra €100 for this basic feature?

Tourist

Is there any chance there will be an update to add this feature. I really thought it was the most standard of features on all go pros?

GoPro

Hi @johns77327,

I'll send your feedback to the team handling this. 

We'll let you know if it's possible.

Thanks!

-Jay 

Tourist

Thanks. 

As I said before there are 2 features I use since I bought the very first Gopro, video (obviously) and time lapse photos, to shoot continuous action whilst doing my sport. I think it is a real shame that this feature is not available. I do not need all the advance features of the Hero 7 Black, so there is no way I can justify buying the top camera just for this. 

Please let me know if there are any planned updates to the software to allow this function.

Cheers
john

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree with you John and my feelings are on another post but other users are telling me it’s on the websites-it’s not as it only says what in includes so how would you know-like you say, you presume as you’re buying a newer model at a similar price to the Hero 5 that it’s standard. The 3 and 10 second photo option is the same as any phone you use-with the Go Pro you are paying for something different