Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

High School Request

Hello, I am a high school student in Kansas and my high school has a club named "[Name Of School Here] High Altitude Club" and next year we plan to send a High Altitude Balloon 100,000 feet into the air, record the flight, and recover the craft in one piece. The problem is, we as high schoolers are not financially able to do that. So, we are asking for your support in helping us achieve our goal. We gratefully ask to borrow or loan a Gopro and use it to record the thrilling adventure of spaceflight as High School students.

Thank You.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: High School Request

This is a public support forum where people help deal with issues regarding GoPro camera's and/or software issues.  

For sponsorship etc, please use the following link:

https://gopro.com/en/ph/connect 

Highlighted
Adventurer

A Admin and mod wil lchime in to direct you to who to get to.  Maybe @irishmanpdx  can send  his camera over.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok. Thank you so much for the responce. Another user below commented on the possibility that someone may be able to loan a gopro to us and mentioned your username. Would you be able to do that if my school is unable to get a sponsership?

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
Nomad

Unfortunately it is just not a good idea at all for strangers off the internet to offer to loan school going children camera equipment.  I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with that one (and whereas I'd love the admins to chime in, they aren't going to touch this one with a 6ft barge pole...)

I would suggest that you start a fundraiser campaign or even start a group doing services for chartible donations. 

Mow people's lawns,

Walk their dogs,

Offer to deliver their groceries to their house.

Wash their cars

In short, there are a multitude of things you can do to earn money to help fund your project.  I would also suggest that if you're going to launch a ballon, get local businesses involved to sponsor the project or even place a small advertisement on either the ballon or the apparatus carrying the camera equipment.  Approach your local news station to see if they will do a puff piece on your project to increase awareness of what you're doing.  

I would do all of this while keeping your parents and your teachers informed or even letting them handle some of the negotiations.

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, Thank you anyways. I was trying to see if I can get others to help, but it looks like we are going to have to do it all ourselves. Thank you nonetheless.