Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I sympathise with your issues, I am surprised that this is still causing people problems, two months plus ago I raised this and was castigated by a few folk saying it was either a memory card issue or a software issue, that worked out well eh? I purchased an Insta360 One X and straight out of the box it worked, with I may add, EVERY SINGLE micro sd card that GoPro told me was suspect working perfectly. Instead of trying to place blame onto a memory card or for folk on here to cast aspersions onto the user’s “lack of GoPro experience and familiarity”, what nonsense, it should have been addressed and resolved in a speedy manner. Oh well, not my concern anymore because I can’t see me purchasing another GoPro product in the near future.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Yeah, that sucks! Not even with cheap cameras for 50 bucks I had these problems. I still believe it's a hardware issue which cannot be resolved easily.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bompelbob,

Try to reset the camera first to factory settings and update the firmware manually.

You should be using a recommended SD card as well and that should fix the problem.

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

I did that, I'm using approved cards, I'm still having issues where the camera freezes and corrupts files.

What's the next step? Obviously I am not the only one with the issue....

Highlighted
Explorer

@plawa If factory reset, manual update, and switching to another SD card off of the list of tested cards didn't fix your issue, you will want to exchange the camera where you purchased it.  If it was from GoPro, or if it's beyond the return time from the store where you bought it, then contact the GoPro Support Team.  You can contact them via phone or chat.

Highlighted
Tourist

I’m facing the same problem few week back..had claim a warranty and got a brand new gopro but the still have the same issue..

come on..it’s the flagship product or so call gimbal killer..please fix the problem or else it’s will be call the gopro killer..
Highlighted
Hiker

Same issue on me. I have two pro 7 black. Both of them the screen is freeze on stand by mode after upgrade to new firmware.There is now SD card problem. Both camera is same problem. The version 01.61 is sure got problem... there is no solution downgrade to old version.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @xunaoo,

Sorry to know that.

May I know the brand and model of the SD card you're using?

Have you tried resetting the camera to factory settings and turn it on without SD card.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

-Jay