Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hello Everyone!

If you continue to get the same behavior of the camera after trying the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032 , please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Be sure to run a manual update for your HERO7. New firmware just released.
Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro releases today Firmware version 1.90 to fix Bug Bug fixes, you thought you were getting a new hero 8 in the Hero 7 (Grin) 24% battery updates like ...
Highlighted
Adventurer

At least we know its still the same  ole Interface Lol.  and why gopro allowed me to update at 24% power.  Lol

Highlighted
Tourist

I have over 20 mounts (not counting the adhesive kind) that I use depending on location. I like RAM mounts mostly as they never seem to fail - clamps, suction cups and screw mounts. I have had issue with a few of the Chinese knockoffs. I also use "Rock Steady" Flight Flix and Rock Steady vibration dampened mounts on radial engined biplanes since they aided greatly in the post production vibration reduction required prior to the 7 & 8. I had a GoPro photo make the Dec 2018 cover of the Aviation Week photo issue with a simple clamp and 1/4" screw mount. I did make a custom mount for the jet in the video as I worried about flutter as well as strength in the mount. I do have a few inexpensive "small rig" clamps that are very versatile, but I kept striping the threads when tightening so I rarely use them. Cameras on planes are very dangerous and I usually add additional safety wire or zip ties.

Maybe my swipe at IT was a little off the target as you are correct in the fact the "company" has to accept the product. Or a more realistic view might be that we customers will buy the product. I programmed for many years in the 90's as a hobbyist and used several of my programs at work. The bottom line is as long as we keep buying the products, then the manufactures will keep claiming success and producing more of the same.

I have purchased and used other cameras. But, I need some simplicity in my projects as I often require a client or passenger to replace or recharge batteries, or operate a remote. This is more complicated when you have several different type cameras. I have a huge investment in GoPro batteries, chargers and mounts, but am always looking at other cameras. Just when a camera seems like a better choice, I always seem to find critical issues on the forums that would not make it worth my while to switch. And, It's a time issue in doing research.
IMG_9292.JPG
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Filming aerial with GoPro's that may shut off during shoot

I have over 20 mounts (not counting the adhesive kind) that I use depending on location. I like RAM mounts mostly as they never seem to fail - clamps, suction cups and screw mounts

In your pic you showed a Smatree mount or clip -- have you found their aluminum produts to be more secure at high speeds than the typical plastic parts?

I also use "Rock Steady" Flight Flix and Rock Steady vibration dampened mounts on radial engined biplanes since they aided greatly in the post production vibration reduction required prior to the 7 & 8

Thanks for sharing!

If you don't mind sharing more -- I'm fascinated by your mounting on airplanes.  I'd think that they'd have problems with you drilling holes in the body, and I wouldn't trust a suction cup at high speeds and moisture levels.   Do the planes already have designated areas where you can clamp and screw things on?  (I've never had the pleasure of filming a plane exterior)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Correct, so far it has never frozen after turning off wifi. It of course has its disadvantages and I cannot say why this seems to work. My camera does not seem to freeze because of heat reasons since it most of the time would (will) freeze on startup 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am totally disapointed. I have always had a go pro since the first model. They have always been reliable. I just bought the Hero 7 and took it skiing like I do every year and it foze constantly. If I got it to run it would turn off after one miinute or so of filming. It was not the battery either. Super bummed