Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hi there,
An RMA was setup for me by support which I’m very grateful for however because it would take another two weeks maybe more to get a camera returned to me I have returned the unit to the online vendor and hopefully get a replacement in the next few days, thanks to everyone who offered help and advice, I really want to use one of these so looking forward to getting my hands on it again.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Please keep us posted @boldsand34481,

Hoping for best result.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

Will do, thanks!
Highlighted
Tourist

Format SD inside GoPro cam
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same here, the most anoying issue I have ever experienced. I was sooo angry when it happened as I was using camera during snorkeling. And of course I was not able to fix it removing/inserting the battery in water... 

Quality of video and image are excellent, but this issue... just ruins all advantages of the camera. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Update coming in early December. Should address this issue. Make sure you are using a recommended SD card and perform a manual update. If it happens frequently, try a different card if you can.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Can’t wait on the new firmware update for the much needed FIX, hopefully!!! I have overheating/shutdown issues with my current GP hero 7 blk and the camera already is a replacement device under warranty. Also, from time to time the screen resets itself to photo mode on its own—SUPER WEIRD!!! The whole camera gets really hot within 10 mins. regardless of what settings are used for recording, where the lens area gets the hottest in particular.
I only use supplied OEM GP battery & an OEM GP one purchased from Best Buy. While I am using the latest Sandisk extreme plus 128gb (170/90mb), the camera has been updated to the latest v1.51 firmware version. The camera that was returned had additional issues like turning unresponsive, getting stuck on Screen-off but LED’s on state and intermittent shutting down.
Despite all the frustration & bad experience with GP, I find the customer service reps.very helpful. I wish I could say the same about the replacement device/process; it took 2 weeks to receive a replacement device with less issues.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi all.  I was having the same issue with freezing until I saw someone say to format your card in camera.  I did that and now the camera is working.  I will test some more but so far no freezing.