Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

@jb075
I'm in the wrong forum! I wish GoPro would hook me up like that! Is there Earth flat too?
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

[ Edited ]

Whatever, 10,000+ posts saying that same crap over and over again.

It's just sad and pathetic.

Highlighted
Sightseer

It is so frustrating to read all this. I'm in exactly the same boat, going to the third camera and no hope of solving it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftpeak81126

If you haven't yet, please go over the steps on this article.

Should it still be the same, please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

hello, I have the same problem. the gopro 7 black keeps fresing up every 10min. i resented the cam, updated reupdated and used different formatted cards. no changes. link to the article doesn't work.. please gopro, I can't work like this and it seems to be a huge problem for many customers by now... help now, please!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sweettree732

If you have gone through the suggested steps and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern.

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Best of luck. When you reach out to support they will tell you to try different memory cards. After asking you to manually reinstall the identical latest firmware which you told them you already did. And you will do it again anyway because they tell you to. And then after the problem keeps happening MAYBE they will ship you a new camera, although if it is put of warranty probably not. You will hope the new camera fixes the problem. Maybe it will! But for many of us, it fixes nothing and the problem persists

I do hope your support journey is better than what I am describing! Please do post back to keep us informed on how your support experience goes! 🙂

Highlighted
Hiker

I've submitted 3 tickets via the gopro support form offering to test the Hero 8.. FREE TESTING.. if they send me a unit, even under NDA terms. I want to be able to sing praises of the company and cameras as unused to do, but which I no longer am able due to such horrid experiences with the Hero 7.

Alas, I haven't gotten one reply. None. Zero.

I'm still waiting. I still want to help.

Hey GoPro support forum person.. can you please have someone private message me?