Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

No I didn’t buy from GoPro, as soon as I remove the battery to unfreeze and remove SD card the camera doesn’t freeze but has artefacts across the screen, flickering blocks of pixels that are sometimes RGB and sometimes blocks of white, my last post was an accumulation of frustration and anger at yet another fruitless endeavour with another brand new SD card, really annoying when you’ve been looking forward to using a piece of equipment and it thwarts you.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Well I   tested mine and found it faulty in otehr ways I did not hesitate to return so rather  be upset  Iam happy, I then will repurchase  later.   not all gopros work. not most have troubles.  sounds like  what you said you were correctly hooked up and all. and need to getthis camera back to the Retailer and get a new one .

Highlighted
Hiker

Yeah I think you’re right
Highlighted
Adventurer

The camera must work out of the box it is not.  I charge the battery go t othe retailer and open the new one on the spot in front and  test out.   but  Iam sure we buy things today all online and  well that we must wait on....

keep the site   updated..

FIsh

Highlighted
Hiker

Yeah unfortunately it was online, the joys of modern commerce, I will, thanks for your input Fish.
Highlighted
Adventurer

You are quite Welcomed. I  contac tthe Online and see what that exchange offers.... Even if you got to call tehm.

FISH

Highlighted
Hiker

As an update, I have tried numerous cards in this "camera", all of which are the same spec, make and model of the card GoPro include in the box when they supply the card, and two which are the class above, not one miilisecond of recorded video in the two weeks I've had this product, and not a single word from GoPro on how to resolve this other than blaming sd cards;  for the past eight days I haven't heard a thing. Awesome.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldsand34481

If you have tried it with a recommended card and it's still the same, please do a follow up on your case with our Support Team.

Reference your case number when you get in touch with them.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej