Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hello @boldmesa7815.

Thank you for the update. By any chance, have you been able to try a different SD card? If you haven't yet, please contact our Support team so they can assist you further. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You may direct them to this thread for reference on what has been done so far in terms of troubleshooting. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I have also the same issue. But with low light off there is no issue.

It's my third replacement gopro 7 black.

Mathilde the responsive person in europe said me that for the moment there is no solution. This issue come from gopro. And we have to wait update. But there is no update since a very long time......

It's a nightmare. It's not serious. Paid 430 euros

Case number 06508940

I repeate again mathilde from gopro said me that there is no solution now.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @agilerange78825

Thank you for the update. sorry to hear that you are still observing freezing issues on your camera despite the replacements. It would be best to continue working with Support regarding this matter. When you contact them again, you may use the same case number that you were given for easy reference. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Marius,

I don't understand your answer.

- On one side, Europe support (france)  Mathilde said me that for the moment there is no solution and I have to wait for a new update.

- And you, you say me that it's necessary to still working with the support.  !!!!!!!!!!!

Please say me the true.  There is solution or no solution for the freezing issue?????

It's the third replacement camera!!!!!

Nicolas VINCENT

Highlighted
Hiker

I used a 256gb card on my gp4 black. So I wouldn't think the 7 is limited
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes

[ Edited ]

Well, my second GoPro Hero 7 Black is a failure also, and heat seems to be the primary (although unfortunately not the only) cause.

I wear mine on a motorcycle helmet for offroad riding, and this past weekend the GoPro only managed to go 6.5 minutes before locking up.  It stopped recording, although the display was still on.  I couldn't start recording or power off the unit with either the app or the power button.  With the first unit I could remove the battery to reset it, but I didn't want to stop and take off my helmet so I just let it stay on.  After maybe 10 minutes or so it beeped and I was able to record again.

Sorry GoPro, but your hardware is junk.  You show all these people doing these cool things, including on dirtbikes, but in the real world unless you're riding a snowmobile in winter you're screwed.

Second camera is getting returned and I'm getting on the DJI Osmo Action wagon.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero7 Black was supposed to be best in class, stabilization is great but it hangs way above an acceptable level.

Guys, this is still not fixed, and you should recall this product or you damage the brand.

Brand new cam freezes on average five times an hour use for me. I lost a lot of footage just seen 0 sized or corrupt files, regardless of the card used. Others seeing the same issue too.

I hoped the only inherent problem would be start/stop recording with the same button, which sucks big time when you can't hear a beep in action, but hanging all the time is below acceptable.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @agilerange78825, @fireydive01478, @fireycave60826

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the trouble. It would be best to connect with our Support team for further assistance regarding the freezing issue that you are still experiencing with your HERO7 camera. Our team has streamlined a workflow to isolate the source of the freezing issue per case as the occurrences seem to stream from different factors. 

If you haven't contacted Support yet, you may do so by phone or chat through  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . When you connect with them, please have your camera and camera details handy so you can get assisted as quickly as possible. 

If you have already received a replacement from Support, it is still best to continue working with them for further assistance. You may use the same case number as reference. 

Thanks, 
Marius