Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

gopro  gave you  the card, could you tell me do not bother to use a phot etc what is your write speed?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I spoke with support and it is going to be a RMA, which means I won't have it for this weekend, which I had plans to use it for.  I have a few of the same SD cards that gopro sent (san disk 64 U3/v30 A1) and I got the same results with those. 

Look at the artifacts I was getting when it would record without stabilization. (attachment)

glitch.JPG
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi there, this is the latest update result, and to answer a question regarding user incompetence, I have been using cameras, film for more decades than I care to remember, and digital cameras since 2003, and not once have I had one that failed to give me a second of video or a single still image five days after first powering it on. I too have the flickering artefact before pressing record, shown below. Sorry, won't let me post the screen recording  mp4 so here is a jpeg showing artefact.

sreen rec 001.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldsand34481,

Please contact our customer support team.

They can assist you. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

This is sad.... so far I have owned 3 heros and 2 out of 3 had freezes issue. :( Got the RMA numbers and will send it out as soon as possible. :(
Highlighted
Tourist

...from Italy (Rome) i have the same problem : freez time Man Sad

i'm going to call my support (gocamera.it

in italian : mi si blocca dopo pochi secondi, porca puttana troia

Highlighted
Hiker

After speaking on phone with support on Monday I still experienced the same issues as I had from minute one with this camera. I then bought more micro SD cards because I foolishly believed support when they told me my issues were card related. These made no difference whatsoever. I was told again on support hub to contact customer support which I did on Thursday, again was told the cards were the problem despite all cards being on the GoPro accepted cards list. I bought another card, the fastest I could get my hands on and have just reset the camera again, formatted SD card, again, downloaded update, again, put it into camera, again, and guess what? The camera freezes instantly. Again. This is the worst I have ever been treated by a camera company in my life, I have been using digital cameras for fifteen years and I have never been made to feel that issues arising with a brand new camera, a flagship model no less, are my fault, or that other companies' products are to blame, I have lost all faith in your product and I will be making my feelings known to anyone who will listen, I feel I have been treated appallingly by your company, seven days I've had this paperweight and not one millisecond of video has been recorded, and I'm up to my ankles in micro SD cards so thanks for that, cost me a fortune.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear you. sept 27th to Oct 27th you have a  30 day return from Gopro if gopro was the place of purchase. use it.   Uncertain if you exchange and  have the option of 30 more or till the date you first purchasse as well as if how they send out tehir   exchange to you, certain it will be container open box new camera .

For the sd card, that now looks more  like Hardware, your Sensor. if no sd card is in does it  happen as well.