Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Sorry to know that @boldsand34481,

Please contact our customer support team for better assistance. 

They can check that you. 

You may contact them via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Yeah this was after speaking on the phone to support yesterday, I’m still at the same place as I was before. Although a lot more frustrated.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks EJ, I wasn't following the instructions correctly, I copied them in the folder and it did update again, unforuntately it did not change the freezing behaviour with stabilization enabled.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @michaell6877

Please try to contact our customer support team. 

So that you'll know what will be their decision. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I must be the luckiest GoPro-er ever.

Years using many of them from the 3 onward, I just don't run into these issues. 

Not saying in this case, but very, very often there are confused users that are not interested in the learning process.   You cannot learn to operate these cameras and produce, process, and edit the files with say 15 seconds of effort.  

I would not be shocked to look over a box of returned GoPros and find they are either fine or easily straightened back out.  

In an low attention span era, they require a high attention span to first get used to them, and then get the very best results out of. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Stanely, I can assure you this is more than a mis-use error, at the very least a new camera out of the box with the included supported sdcard, should be able to be charged, and hit record, and it you know, RECORDS.  The symptoms between users are exact, and may be pointed to a QC issue maybe with a few cameras, I know of at least 10 people who have perfectly good working 7's already, plus probably 50 youtubers already reviewing it :)

Highlighted
Explorer

Manufacturing issues do happen. Luckily GoPro is very good about exchanges. Sometimes though, we also can't overlook that SD cards can also have manufacturer defects. If possible, please try another card off the recommended list. If a second card and manual update don't resolve the issue, notify the GoPro Support Team and they will exchange it. If you purchased from a store, and not GoPro's web page, see if you can exchange it there first.

Best of luck.
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to know that @michaell6877,

Please try to raise that concern to our customer support team.

They might be able to help. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay