Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hello @grayriver53241 and @boldsand34481. The HERO7 Black works with SD cards with up to 256 GB capacity, but only for a select  brand and classification based on tests that led to this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations . Checking if the 128-GB card is authentic , and if it is the recommended one will help isolate the cause of the freezing. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Mine often times won't start after I've turned it off. I have to remove the battery to get it to start. It does record, but sometimes with voice commands it will freeze. Long press on the power has resolved freezing due to actions taken while powered on, but only battery removal for freezing while "off".
Highlighted
GoPro

HI @craigm6786

See if re-flashing the software will correct the issue. https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 did that before coming here... Unfortunately no resolve.
Highlighted
Hiker

I have same issue. It present for all versions of firmware.

It really very annoying bug!

SD Card: Samsung 64GB Pro+

Highlighted
Tourist

This issue has nothing to do with the current or past firmware or updating the firmware.

Nor does it have anything to do with the SD card.

The primary issue is the **bleep**ty software from GoPro, which rather than rectifying, GoPro chose to ignore and work on launching new cameras to increase sales and profit.

GoPro, get your act together, resolve this issue with a proper software update, don't give us stupid SD card and firmware excuses here.

Highlighted
Tourist

Absolutely agree! I've reported the issue, others have as well, v1.70 update still same issue. I installed one of the supposedly accepted Samsung EVO 128 gig cards and turned back on Auto Low Light, turned on camera, about a minute later when ready to record, it was frozen on a screen of the last thing it saw - pulled out that card (oh well), turned off the Auto Low Light, and put back in my 256 gig SanDisk - issue gone with Auto Low Light turned off... Stop telling us to check that our memory cards are on your list! I'm hearing they're going to add that list to the end of the 10 Commandments come late 2020... FIX your firmware!
Highlighted
Tourist

The 128 gig sd card is the recommended by GoPro and the 256gig as well . Some of my issues I keep on getting are over heating , repairing your file and stop recording untill i have to turn it off and back on again .  some times it works fine for severa hours then it stars acting up . i haven't had a single day wit no issues. I was about to retur it to best buy 02-07 was my last day to take it back for a refund but lost my window . but at the same time I'm hopping GoPro fixes all this issues befor my jounges son's b-day in 2 months  .

over heating normally occure when connected topower and with the 256 gig sd card.