Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

just did a manual udate and seems workin ok will give it a test drive tomorrow and post back the outcame after the update. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Just did a manual udate and seems workin ok will give it a test drive tomorrow and post back the outcame after the update. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I also have this issue, but not sure if exactly the same and couldn't find it on the search.
My GoPro freezes usually when standby. Sometimes I just turn it on, to have the camera ready for action, without recording. When I want to record, I check the screen and the image was frozen time ago, not seeing it live anymore (again, without recording). Changing to photo mode gives a black screen for a while, sometimes that fixes it and sometimes that freezes the gopro completely. Usually the faster way is to turn it off -- when I can, as sometimes it's unresponsive and I have to remove the battery.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sunnytree76323 @ragnor

How was the update done?

If it was not done manually, please try updating the camera that way.

1. Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system

In addition to this, make sure you are using on of the recommended SD cards.

You can also check this article: Camera Freezes Up

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

i have done a manual update, after a recording, in stanby mode freezes camera if you do a lot of moves. found in forum if you switch off the automatic low light, it is solved. i did it and is true. Hopefully in next update solved because it is annoying for an expensive device, and this problem has been known for some time.

Highlighted
Hiker

Same goes for me: manual updates done already, and the problem persists. I will try switching off the low light setting.

Highlighted
Tourist

Im new at gopro, went and get my hero 7 black first two days with recomended sd card 32GB SanDisk Extreme V30 UHS-I

work fine but went and get a 128 sd card to shoot more futage thats when my freezing problem started. Did a manual uodate nothig seems to work untill I went back to my 32 gb sd card all went back to normal .  

Highlighted
Hiker

I think that maybe a card issue, does the Hero 7 accept a card of that size storage? If it does then I’d be looking at whether the card is genuine.