Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

The hero 8 black is not any better. Mine is still crashing and freeZing all the time. Don't bother responding to the paid shills, they are here just to do damage control and do not have any interest in helping you.

I had five hero 7 back cameras total, some sent in and replaced by GoPro, and one purchased new. All had the same problems. The hero 8 black uses the same image processor and while they did upgrade the cooling a little, it still overheats and dies. Everyone who doesn't get paid by gorpro all days the Same thing.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hello

Just to confirm, you are saying that you have the new Gopro 8 and it freezes like Gopro 7? I've a Gopro 4 that freezes and I was expecting that Gopro 8 was finally working ok.

Regards

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes. My hero 8 black can't record more than 20 minutes without overheating and shutting down and ruining the footage.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @mastershake,

Sorry to know that. 

May I know the SD card brand and model you're using?

Please make sure you're using a recommended SD card: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Jesus Christ here we go again . ITS NOT MY SD CARDS. Stop trying to do damage control. Just stop. I have several cards from your approved list, the cards have never once been the problem. same problems on every card on the hero 7 black too.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @mastershake,

Overheating normally happens if you're using a not recommended SD card. 

You may contact GoPro Customer Support so that they can check that for you. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay

Highlighted
Adventurer

I love to   hold on to your camera.  are you willing to send it over.   

I have been with 4 hero 7's  yes the first one over heated, the timewarp , wireless connection and power  dc  gave. the second usb recognition gave was firmware curruption, 3rd one  Audio imput gave, wanna bet  this 4th one gives? and when

I'll shoot for August 2020.  do i get paid yes big time   by gopro sure.  and you  come here spreading rumors that the gopro  fails.  works both ways right,  lets find a resolution.  simply post each time you got an issue with a video. and document it here.  waiting.........

Z......................................................................

Highlighted
Tourist

That is a lie! They overheat because they are not designed well and have bad heat dissipation.

It doesn't matter what SD card you use, it doesn't matter how many times you send it to gopro, they will send you another one that had the same problems. I have several SD cards from the approved list, including two cards GoPro actually sent me with the cameras, that all have the same problemz, and they always have! I keep. Uying new ad cards because you asking shills keep trying to blame it on the SD cards despite the fact that thousands of people come on here and elsewhere to point out overheating issues and you always just deflect and blame the SD card. Stop, please just don't reply if you're not going to help.