Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hi Bikemivie,

As an offroad rider, I can certainly feel your pain... But in regards to the overheating issues. This doesn't mean snowmobiles are exempt from these freezing issues.. 

I took my brand new GP7 Black to New Zealand and it froze on me 4 times on the mountain while snowboarding, and it froze several times down at lake level (not that cold). I've heard that these cameras have issues operating in low temps as well.

What annoys me is the fact that Go Pro advertise these as action cams, always doing the sports we are trying to capture, yet they freeze and don't work.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hi

my gopro freeze also I have a card sd 128 samsung more, I just installed the update v1.70 manual I will buy another sd card in case or but this problem is very annoying because it empties the battery and when use in water I can not remove the battery. I hope that gopro will update this problem at the price of the product.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @meslins346

Please see if resetting the camera will work.  Reset Camera Settings
If it's still the same, proceed with a manual software update. https://gopro.com/update/
Let us know how it goes.

Other users also suggest turning Auto Low Light off and keeping the Orientation locked.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I'll try thanks
Highlighted
Tourist

actually with this expensive camera it is not the intention to turn off options because otherwise the camera will crash
Highlighted
Tourist

Ok so i used to disable auto low light and landscape. But... I tried another SD card, SanDisk Extreme 64gb and it doesn't have any issues.

I was using a SanDisk Extreme 128gb but could not confirm if it was a legit card or not. Add it came second hand.

The new one was from a store in person.

Is there a way to verify if they are authentic cards?
Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah it's crazy huh...? Go Pro have their top of the range, marquee camera, and they're using a "quick-fix" as a solution for an issue that is happening nearly a year after release...Robot Mad

I think the product offers amazing picture quality, but if it's freezing then it's useless... Often we only get "one take" with extreme sports, so the camera freezing can mean you've missed the chance to capture it. 

IF they don't fix this, I won't be buying another camera from them in the future.

Highlighted
Explorer

Update released today.

Manually update your camera. https://gopro.com/en/us/update