Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

@haydog, if in case you continue to have the freeze-up issues with the camera after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps here, using different recommended SD cards and manually reinstalling the firmware update, please contact our Support Team so they can assist you on the next steps. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Mine frozen on second use what disappointment this thing is . Wouldn’t recommend to anyone !!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @gijonny420,

To make sure that your camera will work without any problem just make sure that you are using a recommended SD card brand and model: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Update your camera manually: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

After my 2 7s proved unreliable and accordingly, unusable, I purchased a DJI Action to try out. So far flawless operation, clean image, much more responsive touch screen, and most importantly it was reliable on a 3 hour shoot without shutting off by itself! Loved my gopros but unreliability makes the new models no longer effective for us, and management has ignored my offers to help test.

Note: my Sandisk microSD cards (recommended) work flawlessly in my hero 3, 4, 5 and new Action. Same cards in used in my Hero 7(s) before returning them.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
Yeah... Like that "using the recommended sd card" really helps... <ROLLS eyes=""></ROLLS>
Highlighted
Tourist

Yup, the admins here are incredibly rude and lame.

First, they always claim they don't work for GoPro, which makes it much worse. You're telling me gopro doesn't have any employees to go on the forums and help people with their products? That's super cool!

Then they start blaming you for the bad gopro. They will so, no matter how many times you correct them, that your sd card is bad, and that's the only possible reason that their product is faulty.

Then when you point out their logical falacy, they say "yeah, well DJI is bad too!"

Totally pathetic support from GoPro. I wish I could get the thousands of dollars i've given them over the years back.