Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

@graytree76514 wrote:

Hi @mastershake,

Sorry to know that. 

May I know the SD card brand and model you're using?

Please make sure you're using a recommended SD card: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Regards,

-Jay 

Oh here it comes..  Blaming the SD cards yet again.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

[ Edited ]

Like the Song from The Who. Who are you.  Love it.  You have an issue, can not work it out, then a GoPro is not for you. Move along.  Got Burnt with a gopro. exactly what we hear. negativity from some, then they fade, then return some, then fade till you   find a better place to repeat the crap all over again.  That Old saying, sorry you are not old, or know any old sayings .. google it:

Complainers always complain.

Back on topic Fish, I will come and go on this topic, just to stir your pot make sure  i ask some questions, give my Peace of Mind, and try to help out,  if I got an issue i try my best to resolve it, if I share another camera or story, it's to show you that I been there and done that.  

Old and new work hand in hand in here, but Old and new does not with A GoPro. most common issue a user can have. Not Understanding.

Nuff Said

Fish

Highlighted
Explorer

@robr7021
When HERO7 Black was showing a red line down the center of videos shot in certain resolutions/frame rates and Protune settings, I wrote about it and sent my feedback to GoPro. When batteries were discharging over night, I wrote about it and sent feedback to GoPro. When EIS was being too heavily applied in low light and causing the appearance of distortion, I wrote about it and sent feedback to GoPro. When I was getting freezing from the HERO7, I wrote about it and sent feedback to GoPro. When I identified one particular SanDisk Extreme v30 card (one of five exact same cards) that was consistently causing the freezer, I shared it here. I also sent feedback requesting the option to choose the amount of Stabilization (off, standard, Hypersmooth, and High), and Audi wrote about it here. I sent feedback to GoPro about issues with removable protective lens fogging up, and wrote about it here. I've contacted GoPro Support several times on behalf of other members when they couldn't get through (as a GoPro Plus member in the USA it's easier for me). I sent feedback about SD error messages and overheating with another Sabah Extreme v30 card (not the same as the one causing freezing) and wrote about it here (currently I have three of five SanDisk that work consistent without issues). I wrote about my positive experience using Samsung Select cards and no issues. I sent feedback, and wrote about her, the request for GoPro to create custome settings for different shooting situations as well.

Does HEEO8 address all of these issues for me? Yes. I've only been using Lexar 677X v30 cards (just ordered another last night), so I don't know about the SanDisk issues, but everything else, 100%. The HERO8 has been extremely reliable and I love the new features and menu. Stabilization is crazy good and the image is sightly better than HERO7 (much better in contrasty situations). I haven't had any issues, so I think it's valuable to share this contrasting experience to those who post negative experiences.

I know for a fact that SD cards DO matter. So I share my experience with that as well.

When responding to a comment from someone who has a long history of attacking me (not just the experience I share with my camera, but me personally), then yes, I might not approach it in the best manner. However, I have no vested interest in GoPro other than my ownership and use of their cameras. I don't own such m stock, I'm not an employee, I don't get free cameras, and I'm certainly not a "Shill". I surf, rock climb, ATV, mountain bike, skateboard, practice Judo, and capture amazing moments in my kid's lives. I've captured everything from the birth of my kids to their first time surfing or skating a half pipe. I want others to be able to have the same great experience I've had, and I'm truly saddened when I hear a precious moment was lost. I work nights and I'm sure m afforded the opportunity to check my email and visit this site periodically throughout the night. No, I don't just sit staring at the forums, but I probably do check two or three times (mostly in response to the emails I get).

Hope that answers your questions.
Highlighted
Hiker

So a trade-in program would be nice. Take my H7, send me a H8 for half the price and I would consider it.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

while my camera should freeze   . i wonder why its not can someone help me PLEASE!!!!

Help me my 4K@60 with the Ultra is Recoding what do i do?  Help me PLEASE!!!!!

Highlighted
Adventurer

So we are not to use an Ultra card it over heats. well good luck on that one video above Lol.. Any comment on that  huh  Oh I forgot you are typers.......

Highlighted
Adventurer

Oh where can I buy a defective camera I want all the issues they are the best features!!  Please Help me find a Resolution PLEASE!