Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

My last Trade up purchase I thought gopro would send the top of the Line Sandisk was  I wrong wait.  I have other cards, can you guess which cards work or do not work..   

sd.png

Do you at least take the card and do a format like so

format.png

And  I have a Samsung Gear 360 2017 Man let me tell you,  i went five times to the store to finally get a working one, why. the SDXC card had to be spacific, it only liked One card out on the market. and when that card  was placed in Man  everything worked perfectly till I got into the car.

And yes  I work my issues out and figure them out,  again be more then happy to help....

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

@mastershake  escreveu:
Yes. My hero 8 black can't record more than 20 minutes without overheating and shutting down and ruining the footage.

Really bad, I was hopping that version 8 was finally working properly. So many nice features and still freezing. I'm out I will dig for DJI Osmo Action.

Good luck and thanks

Highlighted
Adventurer

DJI Osmo Action FW 1.6.00.20 low battery shutdown if you can reload and flash firmware not sure that will fix it.
re did the test, same results but reconnects.
New Firmware introduced and left out the instructions of how Hyperwarp works, DJI said that the program takes care of the shakes andstartle of the start /sto...
Highlighted
Tourist

Jesus, it wiill be an hard choice

Thanks

Highlighted
Adventurer

go find a Perfect camera and come back let us all know we'll join you otherwise you deal with each little issue  the company throws at you. what else is new!

Highlighted
Explorer

SD cards most certainly affect performance, including heating issues. My HERO8 Black has given me absolutely zero issues and I've been using it on a daily basis in many different environments, resolutions, and frame rates. I've done continuous recording at 4K/60fps in the middle of the day stopping only when the battery died. I'm using a Lexar 677X v30 64GB card and manually update the camera. If you have an issue that is not resolved with a different card, then exchange the camera or just send it back. My HERO8 has been so responsive and reliable I'm finding it very hard to believe that you even own one. I'm not saying you don't, if you say you do then I guess you do, but considering all of your other rants and my experience, I do have my doubts.

And spare me the yadda yadda, GoPro employee, shill, fanboy BS. Sorry to hear that you have issues, although, why, with all of your vitriol about GoPro's other cameras, you continue to purchase them, is very strange and suspicious. Seems you might be here talking trash whether or not you actually have ever owned a GoPro.
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15 why d u feel the need to discredit someone else's experience?

If you search back. You will see countless numbers of posts from people, including mine, with documented experiences of freezing cameras and abrupt stopping of recordings.

These are from seasoned users like me, who have been long time loyal gopro fans, who unfortunately have had some awful experiences with the Hero 7 (and now presumably with the 8)

I personally have not tried the 8 yet but based on posts here may not go down that path. After a few failed 7s and non-responsiveness from the company when I've offered to help test the 8, it seems almost futile.

That is FANTASTIC you are having good experiences with your Hero 8. Were you having bad experiences with the 7 that, in contrast the 8 seems to have addressed?
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
@daniels job is to sit on here for eight hours a day and blame your ad card for all problems that the GoPro has. These dumbasses want us to believe they don't get paid to work for GoPro but they just spend eight hours a day doing damage control for the billion dollar GoPro corporation out of the goodness of their hearts. The shills obviously have zero problems every with their perfect gopros, and the thousands of people that are complaining of overheating and freezing are all wrong and we all have bad SD cards. Just ignore them to be honest, they don't provide any helpful information. Avoid the hero like it's the plague. I can't believe I bought an eight after all the bad hero 7s. Such a fail on my part.